• CA Forever
    It's crazy how much emphasis programs still put on QB height even though more and more atypical sized guys are having successful careers. Look at what they can do, not just if they meet some certain parameter size wise.
  • movielover
    Is it possible he will be even better with more time in our system, and with our guys?

Doss brings out the NFL scouts, and now they will also see Maier, Preece, and many others. There should be a ton of motivation there, and another enticement for recruits.
  • CA Forever
    I don't see why he couldn't get any better. In fact, I would hope that he would improve. After this season, as a sophomore, I wouldn't be surprised to see his name on preseason watch lists next year along with Doss. I love that Preece and Moore are developing nicely as well. Gives our passing game some depth as opposed to "we're just going to throw to Doss every single play".
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    It would be pretty great for our program if he made the NFL. I mean how many people know of Mississippi Valley State because Jerry Rice played there? Or Wyoming because Josh Allen plays there? I agree with you that he has room for improvement, as crazy as it sounds to us.
  • movielover
    That's why I was pushing for Aaron Moore to get more PT a few weeks back ... he made 1 or 2 spectacular catches, Hawk says he does that all the time in practice, then he dissapears... and Montgomery is a great addition.
  • agalum
    Boy, this guy is a sore looser:

https://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-bengals-struggle-in-ugly---loss-to/article_50574a4f-d7b4-5a05-bdcc-89219e859f3d.html

Ronald Long · Idaho State University
    "You could tell right off that the refs had a prior association with Davis. The purpose of the targeting call(of course it never happened) was to disorient the defense, a dirsect result of the touchdown on the next play. Then of course there was a series of pass interference calls by the sideline ref who after his last call against ISU that put the ball on the one immediately went to the milling crowd of Davis players on the sideline and walked into the middle of the players was laughing and joking with them and getting pats on the back for being the corrupt good ole boy he was.
    Then how Gueller was hurt is not a mystery. Davis is a drugged up crooked team always have been always will be. they are a money team with connections as you could tell they had as many coaches a s players and in all liklihood these refs were treated to dinner and drinks after the game and the ref in the white hat that stabbed ISU and Peoples in the back had to show up for his cash pay-off in the back room and they all rode together on the bus back to Davis laughing all the way."
  • zythe
    I sure do wish we were a money team with connections :D
  • movielover
    In my horrible Pluto connection, I thought I heard the announcers talking about our athletic budget... they sounded envious.
  • agalum
    Davis is a drugged up crooked team always have been always will be. they are a money team with connectionsagalum

Wow, where did he get this?
  • AggieFinn

Laughing my hind end off.
  • CA Forever
    I'm still laughing. It's honestly hilarious.
  • movielover
    When's the collection for the next payoff?
  • CA Forever
    shhhh you'll blow our cover :D
  • aggie6thman
    If you're happy and you know it clap your hands....

*crickets* :-O
  • BlueGoldAg
    Oh my God...that's freakin' hilarious...what the hell is in the water in Pocatello??...my side aches from laughing!!!
  • BlueGoldAg
    And more from the poison pen of Ronald Long:

Ronald Long · Idaho State University
    "ISU lost defensive lineman JonRyheem Peoples to a targeting penalty after six plays. For all but 1 minute, 36 seconds of the game, the Bengals were without their clogger up the middle."

'We all sat there and wondered what happened. Nobody saw anything but this little crap head ref in the white hat. The whole game went that way. These crap head refs the Big Sky Conference curses us with. Jerks who want to make themselves look important and worthy of their job and really nothing but creepy stinking lice that crawl out from the Big Sky wood pile. The refs in this game were the worst I have ever seen. I was totally disgusted with the miss calls and total chicken shit penalities that crippled ISU."

https://idahostatejournal.com/members/isu-football-bengals-struggle-in-ugly---loss-to/article_50574a4f-d7b4-5a05-bdcc-89219e859f3d.html

Also from the his Facebook page:

Studies at Idaho State University
    Studied Creative writing at New Mexico Highlands University
    Studied Teacher Education at Idaho State University
    Studied English literature at Southern Illinois University Carbondale

Maybe he just had a few beers and was just practicing his creative writing!

https://www.facebook.com/ronald.long.984
  • agalum
    You guys can pay me off for the laugh Friday night when I have the guy in the white hat over to my house for dinner and drinks :).
  • DrMike
    The main reason our budget is so much higher than ISU is because we offer many more sports than they do. Last time I saw a list our football budget was in the top third of the conference. Way below the Montana’s. I think ISU SUU and UNC were at the low end. If you factor California cost of living and the higher cost of a UC-based scholarship, you’d expect to be on the high side. I’d like to see a list of budgets with scholarship costs omitted to get a good picture on what being spent on the programs
  • AggieFinn
    Drugged up crooked team...new inside joke
  • aggie6thman
    Cost of a UC scholarship is higher than any other team in the conference, in-state or out-of-state. That means our budget is higher no matter what!
  • aggie6thman
    Fits like a glove.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm still laughing. I think that's the wackiest rant about sports officials I've ever read in my life. It's hard to believe he really believes that stuff...UCD...DUCT....!!! Haha...I think what we really have here is a "drugged up ISU fan" or DUISUF!
  • agalum
    One has to seriouly question the sanity of a guy like that.
  • DrMike
    i was looking at the stats, and it shows Parenteau as the listed starter, but he has no defensive stats. I don't think he played again. He's been out a pretty long spell here. Love to see him back on the field.
  • movielover
    I thougjt I saw the ponytail vs Cal Poly?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!