• DrMike
    I think when you compare the rosters, you have to give Les huge props for being in the championship, let alone having a chance to win in the final minutes. Pepper, Johnson and some tough, smart competitors!
  • aggies07

I think Les deserves the credit given the team overall performance including the championship game and in the final. However, there has been a lot of questions needed to be answered (closing out games, big man, try to shoot 3 when you only need 2, etc). With Pepper’s and Milling departure, next season will be interesting (especially Tritons is getting better since joining Div I)
  • Toke69
    I believed that the Aggies had to bring their A game last night and as Coach Les said, they did not play their best. As disappointing as the loss was for us, it's many times worse for the players, especially all the great players who are leaving. Pepper and Johnson will be hard to replace. Has UC Davis ever had a better backcourt? They say that the key to winning in the NCAAs is good guard play, so if the Ags had made it, they would have given somebody a tough out.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Pepper and Johnson will be hard to replace.Toke69

Johnson is a junior so he'll be back next year. Of course, he could get enticed into the portal by some bigger programs since he has now developed into an elite guard during his time as an Aggie. I sure hope he doesn't get lured away like Manjon did.
  • Toke69
    Obviously I'm confused, but I recall seeing five Aggies get recognized on Senior night and I only counted 4 seniors on the roster, so I thought one of them was TY, but it was Rocak, who is also a junior. Not sure why Niko is leaving, but four of those guys will be hard to replace. Glad TY isn't one of them.
  • DrMike
    Niko graduated but is looking for a grad program at Davis (according to Scott Marsh). Hopefully he’ll find a opportunity and be back
  • cmt
    So UCSD is ineligible for the Big West tournament and also the NCAA Tournament but they get to go to the CBI? That seems odd. Would have been nice for the Aggies to get an extra game or two (if they wanted it).
  • Toke69
    I see that UC Irvine got an NIT invitation and gets to play Utah in the first round. Here's hoping they make the Big West proud. Ditto for the Beach.
  • BlueGoldAg
    There's a $27,500 buy in fee for the CBI and that doesn't include the cost of travel to Florida, meals and accommodations. That would be quite a big cost for the Athletics Department for a possible one and done in a minor tournament.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good for Irvine. They'll have a better chance of winning some games in the NIT than Long Beach will in the NCAA Tournament.
  • BlueGoldAg
    "It's been a joy to coach these true student-athletes, who do this the right way," said the Aggie coach. "They make this the best job in America. They hurt right now because they worked very hard all year and that was evident by how much better they got as the season went on.

"I just want to say thank you to all of them for how they represented this university on the court and off. They are special young men who just fell a little short of their goal. Wherever they go in life, we'll be there for them and we'll always be their biggest fans."

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggie-men-fall-short-in-bwc-finale-74-70/article_c7f40776-e432-11ee-a411-cfe83807a5e7.html
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!