• quadshock
    Way to settle down
  • Toke69
    Neither team is shooting well from the perimeter, but the Ags have done a nice job on the boards so far 26-20. They've also been better down the stretch at the charity stripe. Remember earlier in the season we were all concerned about that? In the last few games they've averaged well over 80%. 85.7% today.
  • cmt
    Just keep playing like the did the last 10-12 minutes of that first half and we'll be good.
  • DaddyAggie
    Our bigs are so bad
  • SoCalAggie
    We. Need. Stops.
  • DaddyAggie
    Beach is just killing us on the boards. Our offense has not been able to find a good shot in forever either.
  • cmt
    Going to need someone besides Pepper and Johnson to score. They've got 39 of our 54 points. And in Pepper's case, he's not shooting well (6-18).
  • DaddyAggie
    Beach just wants it more than us. This team has no intensity.
  • Toke69
    Lots of time left
  • cmt
    I'm pretty sure Davis wants to win just as much as Long Beach does.
  • cmt
    Just under 30 seconds left and Pepper comes down and takes a long 3. Go to the basket for a 2. You don't need a three there. Plenty of time left.
  • aggies07
    that has been puzzling me why always shooting the 3 when you only need to get 2 and play defense
  • cmt
    They've got a lot of guys in the 60's on FT's too. Extend the game and make them hit pressure FTs at that point.
  • aggies07
    What a roller coaster season
    Just may not have the ending we want
  • aggies07
    Munson just better coach maybe?
  • aggies07
    Is NIT still be available or not?
  • cmt
    67.8% FT shooting team hits 87.5% tonight. That, Pepper going 7-21 and Traore going 12-17 (mostly the latter two) were the difference.
  • Toke69
    Tough loss. A lot of "if onlies" here, but all credit to the Beach who clearly were motivated to win for Dan Monson. They'll likely be one of the 16 seed play-in teams so they have shot at winning one game. We didn't get the kind of shooting we needed from Milling, but he's not the reason for the loss. The Beach's big man simply had a career game and the rest of their team made some clutch shots at the end.
  • eastbayaggie
    Most "bracketologists" project Long Beach State to be a #15 seed. There are a lot of bad teams that have qualified into March Madness.
  • DaddyAggie
    All of our flaws were exposed by Beach. Bigs have been a liability all season and it showed.
  • eastbayaggie
    I don't know. I presume their bigs are just dominant against any mid-major team. They weren't first or second teams for no reason.
  • Toke69
    I see only 5 teams with a lower NET than the Beach at 173. I know the NET is not the only factor, but I'd be surprised if they aren't a 16 seed.
  • Davisbear
    Tough loss! Overall very good season. I watched at Woodstocks it was packed and people were cheering loudly.
  • eastbayaggie

I follow this link for bracket projections:

bracketmatrix

As of this writing, fourteen "bracketologists" give Long Beach State an average seeding of 14.93.
    UC Davis was at 14.88 seeding from 78 "bracketologists" before they got eliminated.
  • Toke69
    Yeah, I forgot that there were still some automatic berths to be filled, like Grambling with a 285 NET and others who will play tomorrow. So I can see the Beach getting a 15 seed, which makes it even harder to take realizing that the Aggies could have been there to face a 2 seed.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Coach Les commenting on his team: "They're hurting, they fell a little bit short of their goal but in my eyes they're champions."

• ucdboyd
    Well, Dang it. Traore just took over the game in the second half and we had no answer.

Shout-out to TY- we would have got blown out without him. Bummer ending but fun season overall.
  • agalum
    Les is a quality guy. As disappointed as we all are, like coach said, you’ve got to tip your hat to beach.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Monson had some heartfelt words for his players as well and it's obvious that his players love him. He creates a team family just like Les does and I think they made a mistake letting him go. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't acknowledge the Aggies at all. Les and Gross always give credit to their opponents win or lose.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!