• BlueGoldAg
    As I watching the first half I was telling myself the same thing: "this is a pretty good basketball team." The second half made me wonder if we're just going to be highly inconsistent: very good one game or one half and not very good the next time out.
  • eastbayaggie
    After the loss in the buzzer beater on Saturday, I didn't have the stomach to watch the next two games. I'm glad I didn't watch this game, since this would be too darn stressful. I need a sense of calm and stability. :)
  • Toke69
    Having struggled with free throws myself and determining to get better, I can't understand how division I college athletes can be so poor. As a team the Aggies are shooting 61% over 7 games. I'm sure coach Les knows what it takes to get players to be able to shoot well: mostly good form (which is coachable) lots of practice and developing a set routine at the line. Once the game starts, it's mental. Johnson (42.1), Anigwe (45.5), Lose (16.7!) and Milling (50) are all shooting far under their ability IMHO. I hope Johnson's hitting 7/8 in OT today gets him, at least, on the right track.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This one was very "stressful" so you did yourself well to not watch it. Watching a 29 point lead slowly dissolve into a 2 point deficit over 16 minutes was not fun at all. It was actually kind of surreal. I kept telling myself that we would stop the bleeding when the lead got cut in half...then under 10...and then under 5...it just kept going!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think the poor FT shooting has gotten into their heads now. Their body language shows their exasperation after each additional miss. It's taken on a kind of "FT mass hysteria" now where practically no one can make a FT. Anigwe hit the back of the iron and tried to adjust on the second shot and threw up an airball. That's just mental. I think Les is going to have them shooting tons FT's in practice in the next few days.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Quite a few bettors were freaking out as the Aggies started giving this one away.

• BlueGoldAg
    I was freaking out and I didn't have any money riding on it!
  • Toke69
    I was freaking out remembering the time I was in Seattle watching Cal play Washington. The Huskies were up by 19 at the half but the Bears came out hot in the second half and won the game, much to the chagrin of all my Husky friends and colleagues. Cal had some guy named Kevin Johnson at the time. They could sure use him now.
  • eastbayaggie

I find it hard to believe that UC Davis was a 20 to 1 favorite. I checked several days ago and Massey only showed UC Davis as about a 3 point favorite.

I generally don't bet against the home team, but I probably would have bet heavily against UC Davis if given those odds.
  • Lizaggie
    They won this is a new team, they make a lot of mistakes. These are non conference games and learning sessions. Should never have lost that lead and they need to improve the FT and cut down on the TOs. From what I’ve seen they’re determined to win. Unfortunately, for one error in judgment they should have been 3 - 0 and won the tournament.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Unfortunately, for one error in judgment they should have been 3 - 0 and won the tournament.Lizaggie

I think you may be referring to Anigwe trying to throw throw the ball into the backcourt in the final 2 seconds after he grabbed the rebound which, unfortunately, went right to a Milwaukee player who drained a 3 at the buzzer. Anigwe was falling down with the rebound and he needed to either try throw the ball into the backcourt or fall to the floor with the ball and be called for a travel which would have given Milwaukee another final chance. So it wasn't an "error in judgement;" it was just bad luck.
  • Lizaggie
    Sorry I didn’t see the travel
  • BlueGoldAg
    I didn't see it at first also but then I saw in on the replay. It was just bad luck. The ball bounces that way sometimes. Fortunate for Milwaukee and unfortunate for us.
  • Lizaggie
    I think this team has potential; they enjoy playing with each other. More important, they’re winners. Hope they succeed
  • BlueGoldAg
    Milwaukee beat SEMO tonight 84-68 to 3-0 in their own Classic.
  • Toke69
    We could just as easily have gone 0-3 in this tournament as 3-0. All of the games were very close, but that made for some very exciting basketball.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I don’t really trust the math on that one either.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!