• Toke69
    For their final match of the Cream City Classic, UC Davis faces Boston University. The Terriers are more formidable than either UW Milwaukee or Southeast Missouri, with their only loss coming to undefeated UConn. Their top player is clearly Walter Whyte, a 6’ 6” guard who leads the team in both scoring and assists. It also appears that they have no problem with a five “guard” lineup (3 of their “guards” are over 6’ 6”). As per OldAggieAlum, the game will be broadcast on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItrRuGjErHE
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Boston U losing to Milwaukee 32-13 at the half.
  • BlueGoldAg
    They lost to SEMO 63-52 in their first game yesterday also.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Maybe we can put it all together tomorrow
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hopefully! Milwaukee beats BU 67-46.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Link to the live stream on youtube at 11 a.m.:

• Toke69
    Early signs are that the Ags are still having the same problems with poor free throw shooting and bad passing.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    yep. Doesn’t seem like BU has much interior defense as we’ve had good looks inside. Their starting center was injured in the first two minutes so we’ll see if he comes back and makes a difference
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags up 18-4 at the 11:34 mark. BU not putting up much resistance right now
  • Toke69
    Despite what I wrote, Ags are off to a great start 18-4! BU shooting is terrible and Ags are really hustling at both ends.
  • abridge
    Wow - 27-6 with 7:50 to go at the media TO. Amazingly Pepper has . . . ZERO points. Killing it on the boards.
  • Toke69
    Seems like the terriers are almost dogging it :). They seem a step slow. I wonder if the 3 games in 3 days has worn them out?
  • Toke69
    BU shooting 10% from the floor and 0% from 3. Too bad I have to stop watching for a while.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags getting pretty much whatever shot they want right now.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    43-21 at half. BU started hitting some shots.
  • Toke69
    Ags still not doing very well with their free throws, but at least they've cut down on the sloppy passes. In fact, Beasely and Johnson both made some excellent passes to save balls going out of bounds.
    All of these games have been over-officiated. Not only does it interrupt the game flow and throw the balance of scoring out of whack, but it slows the game a whole lot and it puts too many players at risk of disqualification. I wonder if refs in the midwest have to call it closer because they play a more physical brand of ball over there?
  • Toke69
    Don't look now, but the Aggies might be letting this one get away despite a 21 point half time lead. The lead is now down to 8.
  • Toke69
    UCD has gone over 12 minutes without making a single shot, since 16:36 of second half.
  • SoCalAggie
    I smell a horrible loss in the making…
  • MTBAggie
    Wow, on to OT...
  • Toke69
    I can't watch this anymore.
  • GoAggies
    What the actual eff. Last time I checked the score, I was thinking "oh man, maybe I was wrong about Jim Les and this team. We might actually be good."
  • MTBAggie
    Starting to right the ship in OT, barely.
  • MTBAggie
    Ags eek out a win, 81-70.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Never seen Hack-An-Aggie before. We ended up shooting 60% from the line, but that was with getting "hot" in OT. I think we were at 50% (20-40) after regulation time.
  • GoAggies
    Glad we were able to close it out but jeez. Never should've came to that.
  • Toke69
    I just watched the OT and hated it. Of the 19 points scored by both teams, only 4 were field goals, thus the refs made it a free throw shooting contest. For the whole game, there were 74 foul shots taken. It not only makes for dull basketball, but clearly gave the edge to us, because we got 51 of those free throws. Had it been even, BU would have won since they were much better (73.9%) than us. As it was, we had a 14 point edge from the stripe. Having said that, I was dismayed by how poorly we shot i the second half. I think Pepper even had an air ball. Hard to believe the offense could have collapsed like that. MVP goes to T Y Johnson, who had 11 of the Ags 15 points in OT.
  • agalum
    I missed the video broadcast but caught most of the game on the radio as well as Coach Les’s post game interview. He said they would right the ship on the FTs and starting tomorrow every player would be shooting 100 FTs a day.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I wasn't able to watch the game live so I just finished watching the replay. Wow...in the first half, the Aggie defense was exceptional and the offense was crisp with good ball movement. We shot 57% overall including 4-7 from 3 and lead 43-21 going into the break.

We came out and built the lead to 29 with 16 minutes to go leading 52-23. In the final 16 minutes we managed to blow the 29 point lead by getting out scored 43 -14. Boston took the lead by 2 with 24 seconds to go. We were lucky we didn't lose the game in regulation but managed to get to overtime.

We made one FG in the final 16 minutes while shooting 17% overall and 0-9 from 3. To make it even worse we were clunking FT's left and right. It was perhaps as poor a half of basketball that I've ever seen from an Aggie team in a long time and it was really hard to watch.

Johnson and Beasley saved the Ags from an embarrassing loss. Pepper couldn't get anything going. He ended up with 5 points on 1-12 shooting including only 1-8 from 3 and had 5 TO's. Even his layups were rolling of the rim.

I'm not sure what we can take away from this win. Losing a 29 point lead in the final 16 minutes does not bode well for us. Was it just a fluke? I sure hope so. That was nearly one of the worst loses in Aggie history.
  • BlueGoldAg
    What did he have to say about scoring one FG in the final 16 minutes of regulation while blowing a 29 point lead?
  • agalum

Marsh asked him about that. He just said he talked to them at the half about “not playing the score board” but they did. But he was very complimentary regarding getting the job done in OT. As i listened to the first half, the thoughts of this being a special team were hovering in my mind. But this might end up being a special team. UOP won’t be a push over. Hopefully we can clean a few things up and continue to win.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!