• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies will try and get their second conference win today at 2 pm when Matadors of CSUN come to town. The Ags are still seeking consistency in this up and down season after playing a great first half in their win over UCSB on Thursday.

Live TV on ESPN+ at 2 pm.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ugly first quarter by both teams. CSUN leads 9-7. Only 4 made baskets by both teams! Ags shot a whopping 18% to CSUN's 15% and the Ags are 1-9 from 3.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Both teams made it into double digits by half!
  • Russ Bowlus
    36-30 Aggies after three. Both teams still shooting under 25%--Davis is 4-22 from deep.
  • Russ Bowlus
    48-41 final. Ugly game, but it's a W. If you're gonna shoot 27%, at least also limit your opponent to 26%. :lol:

A nice 21/11 double-double for Hall.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Frigid shooting by both teams. The Ags were only 5-28 from 3 but still managed to survive with good defense and timely scoring by Hall and Turner when CSUN got close.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Big West stat rankings: Hall is #5 in scoring avg. (13.9/gm), #4 in rebounding avg (8.1/gm), #5 in FT% (0.750), #7 in assists (3.4/gm), and #3 in assist/TO ratio (1.6).

Also of note: Sage is averaging almost an entire block per game more than anyone else (2.1/gm).

Team stats don't look so pretty and really tell the story of the early conference games: Davis is 8th in scoring (but 3rd in defense), midpack in scoring margin (a slim +1.1), last in offensive rb (but 2nd in defensive rb), and last in TO margin (-4.14!). Defense is keeping them in games, but it's just not the same offensive efficiency that had 4 out of 5 starters averaging double figures only a couple years ago.

Onward and upward!
  • abridge
    Frankly, not a great week for the Aggie women. Yes, they had two good quarters against UCSB but the final quarter, and the four quarters of the CSUN game were not the kind of basketball expected.

To me the team looks slow. Against two very quick teams we've done poorly. The Beach will be an even great test. After the starters we don't show much depth and even less quickness. I'm concerned. Given the play we've seen in conference I'm not confident at all that the Ags can finish in the top four.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The team has struggled unexpectedly this year and, quite frankly, it's surprising since they only lost one starter. Trpcic was a special player: a great floor general, quick and had a knack for driving the ball and creating assists. However, I don't think that not having her back this year can account for all the TO's and stretches of ice cold shooting that has plagued this team this season.

Our 3 point shooting has not been great either and yet we seem to living and dying by the 3. We were just 5-28 against CSUN. As you noted, our depth has been a problem also. Svanholm has made significant improvement this year and has often played well but after her we fall off quickly.Covid cancellations have made the season much more challenging too but, then again, all the conference teams are experiencing these gaps in the schedule to some extent.

We lose Hall, Stobbart and Konrad after this season and I really don't see how we are going to fill those shoes from what I seen from our bench so far this year. Jen has been reloading each year for a long time but it looks like next year could be a major rebuilding year at this point.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!