• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies have clinched at least a tie for the Big West title with Irvine's loss to Long Beach last night. The Anteaters now come to the Pavilion to face the Aggies in a game they must win in order to keep their slim title hopes alive. The Aggies, on the other hand, can claim the title outright by beating Irvine.

This game is loaded with importance for the Aggies. Not only will they be the sole Big West champs but they will secure an auto-bid to the WNIT post-season play with a victory. However, the Aggies have their sights set on going to the Big Dance and in order to do that they will have to win the Big West Tournament as well. Every game from here on out will also be a significant factor in how the Aggies get seeded in any post-season play.

This is a very big game for this wonderful basketball team since it is senior day too for 4 outstanding Aggies: Pele Gianotti, Rachel Nagel, Dani Nafehk and Marly Anderson. These 4 players have played a huge role in the ascension of the program into a bona fide mid-major power. The team is currently ranked #9 in the nation in the latest College Insider Women's Mid-Major Poll.

These 4 talented seniors and their families will be honored before the start of the game so be sure to arrive early to see the ceremony. This is the first game of a double-header with the men taking the floor against Riverside in the second game at 5 pm.

If there was ever an Aggie team that deserved your support and attendance, this is the team and this is the game to show your appreciation for what they have accomplished so far and there is certainly more to come.

Don't even hesitate about going to this game; just be there along with your family and friends and stay around cheer on the men as they continue their inspired drive to the Big West title as well.

Live online stream from Big West TV: http://www.bigwest.org/tv/

Go Ags!
  • Russ Bowlus
    A little birdie told me that the band has added the Canadian national anthem to their repertoire, presumably to honor Dani in her final home game. Very cool. :)
  • Zander
    Really nice touch.
  • BlueGoldAg
    What a great gesture!
  • Russ Bowlus
    I hope I'm right! :lol:
  • 69aggie
    An absolutely great gesture to a great Canadian Aggie. But- we have another in the wings: Sage Stobbart who we will being hearing great things from in the future. Also, a bit of pride for AD Blue also of the Canadian brand. Love those girls and the guy!!!!!
  • Zander
    Shoot, Nagel down in pain just a few minutes in. Looks serious. What an awful start to senior day.

Announcer said that the alumni band played the Canadian anthem, though I missed it because BWTV is stupid.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags hold Irvine to 14% shooting in the first quarter and lead 20-6
  • BlueGoldAg
    40-25 Aggies at the half.
  • Zander
    Irvine stopped the freefall in the 2nd quarter and Nagel is still out but the Ags are just too deep and too accurate today to be stopped.
  • Zander
    Rachel Nagel is warming up for the 2nd half. Doubt we'll see her back this game, especially if the score difference stays like this, but good news looking forward.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Refs calling a tight game?
  • BlueGoldAg
    56-39 Aggies after 3 quarters
  • Zander
    Seems like it. I didn't see most of the fouls from the stream but it seems pretty evenly called.
  • Zander
    Big West champs!!
  • BlueGoldAg
    66-56 final.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!