• CA Forever
    Who knows, from what I can tell the only way to get the game is radio and they might have a live stat tracker. That is archaic and totally absurd that we aren't getting a video stream in 2018.
  • movielover
    Maybe they plan to roll us and want to have extra time to prep for game 2?
  • CA Forever
    Hahaha even if that were the case they are supposedly the ONLY FBS team to not offer a stream of week 1... that is insane especially for a university in one of the tech capitals of the world.
  • Riveraggie

They just don’t want a recording of their loss
  • agalum
    So why a Thursday night? I assumed that was for TV.

I thought it might be bc of the long weekend figuring that folks would be out of town.
  • DrMike
    two reasons for the thursday:

1) attendence. just like Reno a few years ago, they think a Labor Saturday won't draw flies, but they might get more on a Thursday being the only game in town;
    2) TV - they were hoping for a TV package for the game, but it didn't materialize. They wanted us to kick in funds from our payout to cover the production costs, and we politely declined.

so....its we get to deal with South Bay midweek travel. I'm going to start charting the commute time from Livermore to the stadium in the afternoon (M-W) to get an idea when i have to get there by 5:00. an hour drive midday. late afternoon? all bets are off.
  • agalum
    I was thinking of leaving the Davis area at noon. Does anyone know the best parking lot to use at SJSU?
  • Riveraggie
    Mercury News thinks 2010 was not in the 21st century!
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/27/san-jose-state-football-game-by-game-predictions-2/amp/

For those who don’t remember, UCD 14 SJSU 13
  • AggieFinn
    Game Day Parking only $35 for the Davis game? UCD grads making bank
  • DrMike
    should have beat them in 2008. that was tough one, losing 13-10 with 8 seconds to go. we started someone named Daniel Alfaro that day because Greg Denham (name from the past!) was injured!
  • CA Forever
    I live on the east coast so driving there isn't super convenient. Was counting on that stream...
  • movielover
    I wonder what it would cost to hire a drone service, and have them film it?

Possible?
  • DrMike
    I thought we parked across the street in cheaper lots before. I think (hope) the $35 is for the tailgate section. I remember having to walk through that last time. Wasn’t ‘Fresno State’ obnoxious but close. I thought they stopped selling beer inside the stadium a few years back. Not sure if that’s the case now EDITTED: beer sales were reinstated last year after a five year drought
  • movielover
    But will they sell Gunrock Lager?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Guess they want to limit their exposure to the possibility of an embarrassing loss! :joke:
  • movielover
    Our Game Notes up ... 100th season of Aggie football!

- Roland Ocansey has taken 'gain weight' to a whole new level at 2,345 pounds.
    - Did Ryan Parenteau really beef up to 223# for LB?
    - CJ still at QB.
  • CA Forever
    I know there are people here that disagree with me, but the ORs on the depth chart still bug the daylights out of me. As a fan of the team, I just want to know who is going to be playing!
  • Riveraggie

They have the safeties and the corners mixed up
  • movielover
    I don't recall seeing Carson Crawford.

Bruce Gallaudet out of retirement at the Davis Enterprise. Welcome back.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Bruce has been writing some very nice, in depth articles for the Athletics Department about various, unique aspects of UCD athletics along with some personally insightful articles on individual athletes. He's been doing an excellent job.
  • CA Forever
    Bruce has been better in the Hawkins era. He was intolerable during Gould's tenure though.
  • Riveraggie
    I applaud the departments effort to have some in house reporting. Can’t count on the Enterprise, the Bee etc, as illustrated by this seasons coverage. But unfortunately Bruce’s work is full of fluff and not a lot can be learned from it, but beggars can’t be choosers.

On the depth chart issue I see where you are coming from. Gee, who do you think will start at quarterback?
  • CA Forever
    I would prefer some serious coverage and that is where my frustrations with Bruce came from. During the Gould era he would refuse to address the issues with the team and only talked about he was a good person ect ect. Obviously there are some positions we know, but I just can't stand seeing ORs for 3 deep. Just list the whole roster again at that point.
  • Riveraggie
    I agree with both of your points. We want to know what’s going on and some of us are some distance away. So we need to get info about football from the data sources, not just personal stories etc.
    I do appreciate at least seeing who are candidates to start in the depth chart. Once the game starts we know who’s actually #1
  • agalum
    Gee, who do you think will start at quarterback?Riveraggie
    Hawk seems to like to have the ball on first possession of the game. I'll be looking for them to test the secondary on first or second snap of the game, maybe with the long ball. If that's the case, my vote is Maier.
  • Riveraggie
    That’s so last year, give the new guy a shot
  • DrMike
    My map app shows 1 hour from my house in Livermore right now. 2 hours from woodland. roads are 'blue', smooth sailing. hope that's the case on Thursday.
  • agalum
    I'm OK with Brock, but not with CJ, but I still like going forward with the new comer of the year from last year :).
  • agalum
    My map app shows 1 hour from my house in Livermore right now. 2 hours from woodland. roads are 'blue', smooth sailing. hope that's the case on Thursday.DrMike

Me too. I was working with a lady from Stanford today. She told me all bets are off at 2:30 PM on 680. She said leave Davis by 1230.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!