• SochorField
    Still winning. *phew*
  • CA Forever
    Another special teams **** up
  • DaddyAggie
    Offense is doing everything to lose
  • CA Forever
    Followed up by garbage offense. I don't think we're even a mediocre team at this point in time, we're just bad.
  • SochorField
    Going to have to grind ‘em out from this point on…..
  • CA Forever
    3rd and 3 and a false start
  • CA Forever
    No one picks up the blitz at all. So so so bad.
  • DaddyAggie
    This team does not deserve a win
  • MTBAggie
    Nick Eaton and Teddye Buchanan need to win this game for us.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Our inept offense leaves it up to the defense to win or lose the game.
  • Toke69
    Munoz due to throw a pick.
  • CA Forever
    What a hit by Budgett!
  • Toke69
    Fumble was good too.
  • DaddyAggie
    Defense has been playing great today
  • smarterray
    My biggest gripe about Tompkins getting the direct snap in the option is he always just decides to run it himself. Like it's so easy to defend against that. For the past three years. It's not a trick play anymore if you just keep taking it yourself.
  • CA Forever
    A win is a win, but unless things can dramatically change going forward on offense and special teams there might not be another win on the season. NAU and PSU have been playing better than expected, ISU just beat EWU, and Sac is... well... yeah...
  • Toke69
    Just doing some math on field position and return yardage: Ags average starting position was the 22, WSU's was 42. Across 13 possessions that's a huge difference. Part (but only part) of that difference was return yardage: UCD 20 (!), Wildcats 145. I don't think I've ever seen a poorer display of special teams. Ags lucky to pull that one out. Still can't believe we didn't intercept Munoz at all.
  • agalum
    Had Weber had a qb that could throw the ball, we would have lost. Special teams needs help. Like I’ve said before, we’re a middle of the pack Big Sky team.
  • Riveraggie
    If Weber had played the guy they benched Davis would have lost. The Weber QB was about the worst I’ve seen, considering how he had so much trouble holding onto the ball, was so short he got balls tipped, and didn’t run or pass well.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Give our defense the major credit for this win. Our offense is just sooooo sluggish. I'm thankful that we have a bye week coming up so the coaching staff can try and figure out how eliminate the poor play by the special teams and how to get something more productive going on the offense.
  • CA Forever
    100% on Munoz. His collegiate debut was pretty bad if we're being perfectly honest... and yet, pretty bad was dang near good enough to beat us.
  • MTBAggie
    Onward and upward. Hopefully the week off gets Tompkins back to 100% and LL back on the field.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That will help but, honestly, if our offense can't find something more than just depending primarily on Tompkins and Larison, we'll just get them beat up again. We seem to be very one dimensional on offense. Every game looks whole lot alike: lots of runs up the middle and off tackle and short passes.
  • Riveraggie
    The offense looked better playing from behind last week. Tonight they had bad field position and a lead that they nursed. Against Montana they were throwing the ball downfield with some success.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree. I thought the offensive play against Montana was their best game. Side note: Montana is taking it to Idaho right now and is up 17-0 with 9:22 to go in the 2nd quarter.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It certainly was a defensive battle.

Total yards: Ags 294 Weber 275
    Passing: Ags 184 Weber 159
    Rushing: Weber 116 Ags 110
    Hastings: 22-34 for 184 and 2 TD's
    Tompkins: 24 rushes for 118

3rd down conversions: Ags 2-12 Weber 3-15
    4th down conversions: Weber 1-3 Ags 0-0
    Red zone scores: Ags 2-2 Weber 2-2
  • Toke69
    I was worried that Tompkins was getting over-worked and made vulnerable to injury again. I don't understand why they don't go to Fisher and Chukwodobe. And is Perez still hurt?
  • BlueGoldAg
    We haven't seen Perez since he was originally injured.
  • Riveraggie
    Guess who the Box score lists as wearing number 70 and starting the game?
    He is alleged to have started every game, but he hasn’t generated any statistics. Which makes sense because he hasn’t played. I mention this not because I have anything against Luke but they are not crediting a sophomore transfer from Nebraska who has stated every game since coming here, and wears #70.

70 Roncevich,Luke

Date Opponent
    08/31/2023 Texas A&M-Commerce
    09/09/2023 Oregon St.
    09/16/2023 Southern Utah
    09/23/2023 Eastern Wash.
    09/30/2023 Cal Poly
    10/07/2023 Montana
    10/14/2023 Weber State
    There are no statistics for this selected season available for this player.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!