• Riveraggie
    I think they don’t want to comment on anyone’s health status. That fits nicely with their default closed mouth approach.
  • 69aggie
    Maybe HIPPA rules? Hope our guy is OK!
  • NCagalum
    After doing some reading, it appears to be more of an issue with how the athletic department/team wants to disclose things. So part of it is the “keep the opponent guessing”, but as for reporting it seems the consensus approach is to keep it general, e.g., lower or upper body injury (I’ve heard that just recently while watching a game) with no detailed diagnosis/prognosis. The trainers need information from the doctors in order to treat athletes, and the coaches have to be in the know for personnel reasons and if they need to limit participation. The HIPPA part would be obtaining information from the health provider as I understand. Apparently players sign waivers so that information can flow from doctors to trainers, etc. So I think it has to do as much or more with the changing approach/norms of athletic departments and universities with being less open/detailed as HIPPA constraints which more directly relates to release of information from the health provider. I’ll ask my daughter-she’s a PA.
  • fugawe09
    Your daughter probably can provide more nuanced information but I do know some people involved are under HIPAA and some are under FERPA, so the information ends up protected by both sometimes. Best way to not get sued might just be to say very little. And competitively, why tell your opponent who not to worry about preparing for this week? The student could release info, and I mean, it’s not like a sprained ankle is as embarrassing as hemorrhoids, but for future employment they may not want a laundry list of old injuries as their top Google result.
  • DrMike
    I happened to be sitting at an event with Dr Ray when someone asked what a player’s injury/prognosis was. He said he couldn’t say but ‘just check his instagram and you’ll know ‘
  • Zander
    The only time I worked directly with student-athletes, one of the rules/requests from the training I remember was to keep it confidential if you even saw the student-athlete in a cast or limping or whatever during normal interactions. Obviously that's not something you can keep 100% secret because the injured athlete still has to attend classes and stuff, but it was clear there was a concerted effort to lock down on any injury information coming out of program, and I suspect that was either for ethical or competitive reasons or both, not for legal reasons since we're talking observations, not medical records
  • movielover
    FCS Stats of interest

Aggie Total Offense #5 in the nation
    Total Defense #2

3rd down conversion - #3
    Completion % - #5
    Net punting - #6
    Passing Yds per completion - #34
    Team Sacks - #11
    Red Zone Offense - #37

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/703
  • DrMike
    Defensive ranking is uncharted territory for us. Be efficient on offense, use all the weapons and hold on to the ball.....add that to shutdown defense and that’s a recipe for success
  • movielover
    Blowout over Cal Poly affecting many of those #s. But yes, everything pointed in the right direction.
  • CA Forever
    Game day! Go Ags!
  • SloStang
    Good luck today, although I don’t think you need much luck. Aggies look like a complete team.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think that ISU's aerial attack will be challenging.
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife and I will be driving from Joshua Tree to Tucson today and I'm hoping I'll be able to stream the radio broadcast stream. This could be a tough game. Go Ags!
  • agalum
    The Bengals had a bye week so they’ll be ready
  • movielover
    We can't let one game go to our heads. Poly will be back, EWU, and so will the Montanas.
  • movielover
    Speckman short on CBS local.

https://cbsloc.al/3c8RjQH
  • CA Forever
    I'm hoping for rust, not rest. Additionally they flew in via Allegiant so they definitely didn't have a comfortable trip, that's for sure.
  • agalum

Ive never flown with Allegiant, but my old neighbor was one of their captains, now retired. Isn't the CEO an Aggie alum?
  • agalum
    Let’s get ready to rumble!
  • Zander
    Honestly I think the home attire this year is really good, but I hope we still have the gold helmets in the rotation. Less important with few fans, fewer games, and no homecoming now, but hopefully in fall the classic look makes a comeback for at least a few games
  • smarterray
    fdlyx83i85qeyc14.png
    Technically the blue helmets predate the gold ones :-).

Hey, what'd I miss re: Gilliam? Why's he out? Is that the HIPAA thing we're talking about?
    Attachment
    A0B4547A-A5AF-4CFD-B28B-CA41B9D0E483 (3M)
  • Zander
    Oh huh learn something new every day
  • NCagalum
    Nice to have a mobile quarterback.
  • Zander
    TOUCHDOWN HR
  • NCagalum
    Gilliam out. Didn’t notice an injury last week. Maybe a bit banged up?
  • agalum

Was that announced? I totally missed it.
  • CA Forever
    What a run! Touchdown Aggies!
  • Zander
    First I heard of it was Marsh mentioning it on the first play when he noted Larrison was in
  • NCagalum
    Idaho state going wide successfully.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!