• DrMike
    I think they, along with many defensive reserves, are out. Expect a slower paced offense to keep the defense off the field. That can also keep poly in the game
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Homecoming is this weekend. I haven't heard anything about Pajamarino? When did that tradition die? I loved rocking my PJs at Amtrak about 15 years ago. Did it die with Band-Uh?
  • movielover
    ICA used to do a promo (?), the city joined in, and met alums at the train station. That all ended?

I knew the bonfire was over, though it's been brought back once or twice.
  • dlmusgrove
    Pajamarino died around 2017 or 2018. The last year they tried merging it with some other event on E Street and I don't think it was ever brought back.
  • CA Forever
    Looks like tube sock madness is making it's return for homecoming. When I was a student people went NUTS for the tube socks.

• agalum

Its always fun to win them but i never wear them :).
  • Kerberos
    Same, “madness” really is the perfect word to describe what happens when they do it. The crowd gets noticeably louder than it is the rest of the game. I always thought that Aggie Pack should save Tube Sock Madness for the opponents’ critical late game 3rd and 4th down plays. If Plough wants a hostile home environment we can start by picking strategic times to shoot tube socks at our fans.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Agreed - just start tossing free stuff on 3rd & 3’s and 4th & 1’s. Doesn’t matter what it is.
  • AggieFinn
    JTO was a great interview. I was laughing half the time
  • Fan4Life
    At the Toom, they would throw hard candy into the stands. My wife was struck in her glasses and they cracked. Athletics had to buy her a new pair of glasses.
  • SochorField
    Same. What a cool dude.
  • SochorField
    Those tube socks are legit. I would wear those bad boys...
  • CA Forever
    I have a distinct memory from the Toom where they were throwing wrapped fully loaded burritos into the stands for "burrito madness". Many learned that day that the structural integrity of a burrito does not withstand forceful impacts.
  • movielover
    A former opposing player said the North End Zone fans were brutal.

Why doesn't ICA play North End zone video clips before games to show students another way?
  • CA Forever
    Kind of crazy that it's Thursday and @Aggie Pride Podcast had to start the Golden Horseshoe conversation over the Poly forum. That forum used to be a lot more lively before they split into 2 different forums and 1 died. Still, you would think that there would be some discussion of a rivalry game week.
  • CA Forever
    Cal Poly game notes

https://gopoly.com/documents/2024/10/10/Weekly_Release_6.pdf

Jones has been moved to the bottom of the QB depth chart (was listed as the starter against ISU, but left the game due to injury) so I'm assuming that we're going to see a combo of Kelly and Watts.
  • AggieFinn
    Funny tube sock story, I was running a little student competition team (engineering related), and there was a construction performance part to the competition. Our team caught enough blue and gold striped tubers at the games the previous fall, that we could wear them for the construction run we had at our regional competition, looked snazzy as all hell.
  • AggieFinn
    More serious note - the Aggies have like what, 6 or 7 total sacks so far through 6 games? That is anemic.
  • agalum

Finn, our O and D line are both banged up. I don’t expect to see anything new on the pass rush Saturday.
  • DrMike
    sounds like the edge rusher position has been hit very hard. We’re gonna need blitzes or some creative line gimmicks to get pressure. Sounds like poly has moved to a more one-dimensional attack with wildcat QB.

Get up early and make them pass
  • Riveraggie
    At the rush linebacker along with veteran Luka Sarac who is a veteran, they could play Kyle Hill a freshman 6’5” 3 star edge recruit. He has played in one game this year and that briefly, maybe on special teams. The team should have the freshmen ready to play mentally and the kid has the physical gifts,
  • DrMike
    I think they have them ready just trying not to burn their redshirt with 6 games left
  • NCagalum
    Don’t know if he is considered a rush linebacker but it seems that Jackson Cloyd has been out for multiple games.
  • Riveraggie
    They now call the position that last year they called Rush $. In the depth chart Garretson is 1, followed by Cloyd and Sarac. Garretson played against Idaho but not the prior or the following game. Cloyd has been out for a while as you said. Also they have been without two backup DEs,, The pattern last year was that they took Maae or Toki out on passing downs and played one of Carrillo or Carrade to get more mobility
  • DrMike
    Plough said they had no backup at the rush spot at Portland.
  • Riveraggie
    Sarac was third on the depth chart and he started so in that sense they had no one else on the depth chart.
    Would be weird to me if they don’t cross train their linebackers. I see Sam Goligoski played, and might have been at that position, but maybe just on special teams or elsewhere.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Bob Dunning takes the Ags by 21.

AGGIES over CAL POLY ... Last week I said "Take the Ags by 28" over Portland State. I actually meant 2.8, but misplaced the decimal point. I will be more careful this time around. This may be the Battle for the Golden Horseshoe, but trust me, the only horse wearing shoes when this one is over will be Ollie Mustang's son, Gunrock. Take the Ags by 21. (I presume I have the decimal point in the right spot now).

https://www.thewaryone.com/p/bobs-picks-rain-or-shine-can-the?utm_campaign=email-post&r=31ratq&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email
  • CA Forever
    GO AGS! BEAT THE MUSTANGS!
  • AggieFinn

I GOT A FEVER! AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION! IS MORE HORSESHOE!
  • agalum
    I hope Bob is right but I’m bracing for another nail biter.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!