• Jackbacker2
    Sac State is starting a combat U program. https://hornetsports.com/sports/2024/1/18/combatu.aspx

The program is at the club level and not an NCAA sport. UCD Wrestler/MMA Hall of Fame Urijah Faber

Sacramento State President Luke Wood and UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber announced the formation of the first-ever university-backed development program for combat sports on January of 2024. The program will provide an entry point for students seeking a world-class education as well as high-level opportunities for combat sports training and competition and is a public-private partnership between Sacramento State and Urijah Faber's Ultimate Fitness.

I find it very interesting and will follow how well the program does. Props to Sac State for thinking outside the box to boost enrollment and create a niche. I would like to see them add wrestling but I don't think the Sac state had the budget for that.
  • yolohw
    What I'd like to know is which university is going to provide the world-class education ? Is Sac State going to send them to a better college ?

At least the students will be able to defend themselves from all the riff-raff at the train station next to Ultimate Fitness.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!