• movielover

Not knocking any particular QB, but for QB U, it seems we haven't thrown deep in a long time. So...

- we don't go deep
    - we sometimes even struggle w midrange game
    - our QBs typically aren't mobile
    - our gadget plays are even predictable
    - we run a LOT on 1st down

So the opposing defense only has to guard 20 yards. I enjoyed the days when Maier came out bang bang, and even punted on 3rd Down to keep speedsters off the field.
  • CA Forever
    I don't disagree with any of your points. The passing game has really dialed back in the years after Maier. I don't think it's purely on the QBs though, we haven't had a true #1 receiver since Keelan.
  • agalum

“ - we don't go deep
    - we sometimes even struggle w midrange game
    - our QBs typically aren't mobile
    - our gadget plays are even predictable
    - we run a LOT on 1st down”

Exactly. Last year i mentioned the lack of a long game to Mike Cody. His comment was that you open up your qb to punishment vs the ball control short passes. Obviously to get it down field, you need an accurate slinger and a receiver with good speed and hands. I’m hoping Plough puts those pieces together.
  • Riveraggie
    I'm hoping the team gets back to averaging about 40 points like we did in 2022.
    They don't have to recreate the 2018 offense to be successful.
  • movielover
    Noted. But even an ocassional deep attempt keeps the defense honest.
  • SochorField
    These diamond-in-the-the rough athletes can really thrive in the Big Sky. I'm sure identifying them and then convincing them they can have more fun and be more successful somewhere other than QB is a unique talent as a recruiter.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!