• AggieFinn
    So Knoos had offers from Army, Navy, SJSU, Louisville, UNLV and Washington State. I think I'd want to come to Davis too, better chance to play as a 1st/2nd year player - and it's a very competitive League in the Big Sky. Just a high quality brand of football - especially now for a true West Coast/Rocky Mountain conference. Which brings up a new recruiting bonus - yes, we may not get the Big 10/ACC east coast tv time, but the teams in the Big Sky are legit spread across the western range. I think the heaviest flight is Northern California / Portland to Denver/Greeley? Maybe a 2-1/2 hour plane ride.
  • CA Forever
    3 star WR Owen Scott commits to UC Davis! GO AGS!

This class is shaping up to be all QBs and WRs

https://x.com/_OwenScott5/status/1810397083729580179
  • CA Forever
    I've seen a report of an additional commitment, though said player has not announced anything on social media yet.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This class is shaping up to be all QBs and WRsCA Forever

Definitely! All of these WR's are under 6 feet tall so no big targets. My guess is that we are recruiting for speed, quickness and good hands first and foremost. I'd love to see us play a lot of no huddle, hurry up offense with a good stable of fast WR's to throw to mixed in with our solid running game. Shredville football is going to be exciting to watch!
  • CA Forever
    The additional commitment is official now! 3 star DB, Albert Richardson, commits to the Ags!

https://x.com/AlbertR2025/status/1810444322917212641
  • BlueGoldAg
    Do you know how many scholies we may have left go give?
  • 69aggie
    If I see a Aggie trend here it is very fast over very large players. Bee ran a story about the two teams and focused mostly on the size of sacs offense line. A bit on Lan but not much. I’ll take fast over big anytime especially in the fourth quarter"……..!!
  • movielover
    Last year we signed 11 defensive players, 4 O Line, 3 WR and 2 QBs.
  • Riveraggie
    With the exception of one guy who weight 330+ Sac’s O-line is comparable in size to Davis’, a few pounds either way.
    Here are some Davis returning offensive linemen with the height and.weight, just guys that started at least a game for us. Our offense had some good stats last year, for sacs allowed, and yards per carry..
    LT Simonson 6’6” 295
    LG Souriolle 6’3” 295
    C Povey 6’3” 284
    RG Main 6’4” 270
    RT. Nava, 6’4” 295,
  • AggieFinn
    I'm excited for that offensive line next year - some good blockers there.
  • Riveraggie
    There is competition for those guys too. Good incoming class also, including a transfer FCS starter and a freshman who had four FBS offers.
  • AggieFinn
    Competition is the American way!
  • movielover
    Playing UCLA in the Rose Bowl two times should help recruiting.

https://x.com/UCDfootball/status/1811090181849821343
  • ARI53
    The loss of TB and Chuba will hurt but I believe overall, the Ags are much stronger as a result of portal transfers: 1) McWilliams (DB, Cal), 2) Meyer (LB, Cal Poly), 3) Antzaloutus (LB, Cal), 4) Allen (LB, Arizona), 5) Mirabella (OL, San Diego State), 6) Rodriquez (OL, Stony Brook), and 7) Wright (WR, Boise).
  • BlueGoldAg
    I didn't realize that we did that well bringing in transfers.
  • Riveraggie
    Perhaps the best of them just showed up on the roster this week. Four guys who are likely to get some playing time. We had a couple in that category before announced on during signing days.
  • LeFan

Couple of those guys were walk-on players.
  • CA Forever
    Per instagram, QB Xzavior Guess has also committed to UC Davis. GO AGS!

4 QB commits in 1 class seems unusual especially since we brought in 2 last recruiting cycle. I wonder if Plough has plans to move some of the more athletic guys to other skill positions.
  • movielover
    It means no Jake Maier on the roster.
  • CA Forever
    I agree in the thinking that the number of offers on QBs means PIough likely isn't satisfied with the current situation. If we don't hit on a starting QB in 6 scholarship guys then we need to reassess our scouting in that area. It just seems strange to have 6-7 QBs riding the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the mobile guys go the Trent Tompkins route and become gadget players.
  • Riveraggie
    Gadget players like Carson Crawford and a host of other high school quarterbacks
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm sure that some of these QB recruits will end up playing in other positions as well but, if we had several QB's that all brought something special to the table, it could make it maddening for an opponent to prepare all the possibilities we might be able to put on the field at some point in a game.
  • agalum

Plough has said he won’t be playing the musical QB game. He’s going to have one guy based on his own comments. I’m hoping to get to a practice next week. I’d like to sit in on the QB room and the receiver room. It will be interesting to see if there’s a room full of QBs.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't think we'll play multiple QB's on a regular basis either but bringing one in on occasion that has something special that they can do might mix things up a bit. Let us know what you see and hear if you make it to a practice next week.
  • CA Forever
    Board has been updated

New offers include:
    RB Aden Jackson
    DB Caleb Reese
    DL Luke Westfall
    LB Luke Givens

GO AGS!
  • CA Forever
    So about a month ago I saw that TE Coach, Taylor Chapatte, posted a tweet that we had landed a TE commitment, but was not able to find any information on the said recruit.

https://x.com/CoachChapatte/status/1809320492270252291

Now, I just recently came across a tweet from an OC high school football reporter stating that we have a commitment from 3 star TE Edward Khutsishvili, our 1 known TE offer (who isn't committed elsewhere). The player hasn't posted anything themselves from what I have seen though.

https://x.com/ocvarsityguy/status/1819599787546890467
  • movielover
    Have we given up on snatching experienced, proven JC QBs? That's what they did at Idaho State, inking the DVC QB.
  • CA Forever
    Well I don't think we went after JC QBs during the end of Hawk's tenure because he viewed Miles as THE guy at QB. While I personally have had questions about his ceiling as a QB, I think you really only go out and poach a JC QB if you desperately need to get a guy who can step in and play immediately. Like when we went out and got Maier at the start of Hawk's time with the Ags the QB room was a wasteland.

Otherwise it makes sense to just develop your young guys behind the starter and I think we are going to have a real battle next offseason.
  • Riveraggie
    In 2022 Hastings was an all conference QB for a team that scored 40+ points a game, so you wouldnkt think the move to make is to bring in someone.
    This year Hastings is coming off a less impressive year and Hastings will be gone next year. Even if they leave Hastings as number 1, they should work someone else in situationally if they think he’s got ability.
    Our Freshmen and redshirt freshmen probably have more talent than JC QBs unless they are in JC due to academics.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!