• BaseballAtDobbins
    Do Davis and Sac go for the same recruits locally? Does winning this game matter to some recruits?
  • Toke69
    Hasn't the Big Sky gotten 5 teams into the playoffs in the past?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Larison just may be the best RB ever to wear an Aggie uniform.

I just saw our former TE McCallan Casltes, who transferred to Tennessee, had 2 receptions today in the game against #1 Georgia which makes me wonder if Larison will hit the portal after too.
    \'ll
  • agalum
    What are the chances we get SLAC in the first round. I remember a year that they beat us twice, once during the regular season and then again in the playoffs. At least that can’t happen, but might we get them in the playoffs?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Official attendance today: 11,622...not bad for blustery, rainy day.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I would be really surprised. Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked if they matched the Ags with Idaho.
    I think last year,the Ags were projected to play Sac in the second round had they gotten in and won.
  • movielover
    Huge stat: Sac 0 for 6 on 4th down. Wow.

Larison - 10 TDs in 3 weeks.

Tattersall - 11 tackles, 8 solo.
  • SochorField
    I don't agree with this scenario, but I'd say its pretty likely:

Either the committee takes 5 teams (Montana, Montana State, Idaho, Sac, Davis), or they take the usual 4 and Davis is out. Rankings are sexy, and Sac is highly ranked. I can't see them leaving out a "Top-15" team.
  • movielover
    How much does Sac fall after being drubbed? BTW, they didn't travel, weren't playing in the snow, etc.

I argue we're peaking at the right time with the hottest RB in FCS football.
  • SochorField
    They were ranked #8/10 coming in right? I think they are still top-15 on Monday?

Davis might crack the top-25?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Idaho is already up on ISU 28-0 in the first quarter. Yikes!
  • Riveraggie

If the score was more one sided Davis could conceivably have knocked Sac out, but with just a ten point margin I don’t think they will. So either Davis is the fifth team or left out. If they are left out it might be a result of aomething as small as the “garbage time” TD Sac got.
  • 69aggie
    Someone said Larison might get us in the playoffs and I agree. He is a great talent, a charismatic rodeo guy with ties to Idaho and a very good RB. I say UCD vs. Idaho in the first round. Will
    Put some of that juice into a normally pretty boring early playoff game for the TV folks. But, my football predictions are far from being accurate I must say these days.
    But very good game for the Aggies today. I think it was a very impressively coached game for us.
  • DavisAggie
    Zero, it's in the rules
  • BlueGoldAg
    Idaho is slaughtering ISU 56-0 at the half. I don't think this helps the Aggies at all in the eyes of the playoff selection committee since we struggled against ISU. Heaven help us if we do get in and get sent to Idaho. They're explosive!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    What do the rules say about rematches in the playoffs?
  • movielover
    Could we preemptively offer a lucrative $$$ deal to host a Round One playoff game?

11,000 fans don't hurt either, as well as no snow.
  • DavisAggie
    The committee simply wasn't letting in a 6-5 team last year. (or this year). Head to head matters more when you have the same record. I think Davis is safely in at the 20 or 21 spot. I think Sac St is also in but am less confident. My bubble teams are Sac. St, NC Central, UIW, Youngstown, S.Ill and Richmond, not necessarily in that order. I think 6 MVFC get in, 5 BSC, and 4 CAA.
  • DavisAggie
    Just saw Sam Herder's predictions. He has Davis at 21, Sac at 24
  • DavisAggie
    Davis at North Dakota? Maybe
  • movielover
    1. A peaking team
    2. #1 RB in FCS
    3. A 'name' coach
  • BlueGoldAg
    Link to Sam Herder and Hero Sports Bracketology
    https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2023-playoff-predictions-final-bzbz/

College Sports Madness has Sac in and the Aggies as one of the first 4 out.
    https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/22255
  • 72Aggie
    Good day for UC football schools as Davis, UCLA and Cal all won against traditional rivals.
  • SochorField
    When you see Herder's "bubble Out" teams it makes sense Davis makes it. I had forgotten Weber was ranked #22 we we beat them, so 2 ranked wins.

I still think its weak to see the Pioneer as an auto-bid. I'd rather see the below 5 teams in the playoffs before Drake.

25. UIW
    26. UT Martin
    27. Western Carolina
    28. Chattanooga
    29. Eastern Illinois
    30. Holy Cross

I'm not as optimistic, but we'll find out tomorrow morning right?
  • CA Forever
    Things are feeling right in the world again with the Golden Horseshoe AND Causeway back where they belong in Davis, CA! Sac State had their moment in the spotlight but time for them to remember who's in charge.

- I am still surprised that the Hornets went with Conklin to start the game given Bennett's superior mobility and the wet weather, but it definitely worked in UCD's favor.

- I have been very critical of Hastings this season and I will say that given the weather conditions, he was at least accurate and avoided turnovers even if most the passing game wasn't overly effective (only 128 yards passing outside of Larison's awesome sideline run).

- Lan Larison continues to be the man. He might honestly be one of the most dynamic playmakers the Aggies have had since the move to FCS.

- The defense completely and totally shut down Sac's run game and they have some solid RBs on their roster. Awesome to see Teddye get a couple of picks. Bennett was starting to light up the defense in the 2nd half and you never like giving up points in garbage time.

GO AGS! Got my fingers crossed for a playoffs spot, but I think we're gonna end up 1 win short. Shoulda, coulda, woulda against any of EWU, Montana, or NAU.
  • movielover
    How do they take Sac over us, when we have the H2H win? A win over a weak FBS to start the season and a weak schedule.

Another flat Q3 for the Ags.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!