• agalum
    Especially in the rain, I just don’t see a non-mobile QB winning this. The defense might have to do the heavy lifting.
  • NCagalum
    But Larison is not a QB :-). At least as formally listed. I think the Ags have the edge in the running game. Sac’s qb that they used last game is not a running qb, so unless they rotate back to Bennet they do not have a running qb either although Conklin is probably more mobile than Hastings.
  • AggieFinn2
    Make sure to open the window and place a garbage can underneath it on the exterior side before throwing out the records and rankings, or else you will wind up on "Neighborhood Wars" when some barefoot Sac State alumnus wearing a dirty tanktop and sweat pants knocks on your door to fight you over being beaned with the records and rankings.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The worst conditions that I can ever remember for the Causeway was the 2000 game held at Sacramento City College Hughes Stadium. High wind and torrential, sideways rain had turned sections of the field into a shallow, muck filled lake with 6" of standing water or deeper.

The #2 ranked Aggies came into the game undefeated and were averaging 560 yards and 55 points per game. The wind and rain all but shut down our passing attack but JT O'Sullivan hit Onome Ojo with an 80 yard TD pass midway through the 3rd quarter and we eked out a 13-10 win.

"This was special," said Davis coach Bob Biggs, whose team has its best record since a 10-0 regular-season mark in 1996. "Not to have the weather in our favor, not to be able to pass the ball and have to pound it out. We had to not turn the ball over and let our defense play and that's what we did."

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/davis-dumps-sacramento-st-in-rain-wind-3051072.php
  • AggieFinn2
    What I remember about that game was that everyone was standing on their seats, which were benches. Some idiot security guard singled me out to tell not to stand on the seat and I was like, you tell all these other people to do the same so I can see the game and then I will get down.
    I stood on the seat until the last play. That game was not worth it, which I can pretty much say of any sporting event now that I have to battle adverse weather to watch, like the time there was lightning at Dobbins Stadium and I stayed to watch the game when it resumed. Worse for the players though.
  • cmt
    Which year was it where there was lightning and the game got delayed for an hour or so at halftime? Lot of rain that day too, though it was at the new stadium so the field was fine. We were going to stay for the second half despite the rain until the lightning came.
  • movielover
    Ton of rain. Drenched.
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife and I were at that game but I can't remember what year it was. My wife gave up and headed for the car to listen to the game on the radio when they asked the fans to seek shelter. I stuck it out inside the stadium. I think we won that game..??
  • Toke69
    Seems like a wet field might favor the Aggies since Sac State no longer has a stud running back. Thier leading rusher averages only 46 yards per game.
  • DavisAggie
    as of now, rain stopping around 2
  • DavisAggie
    Huh? Fulcher is a stud, Tau-Tolliver, their No. 2, averages over 6 per carry
  • BlueGoldAg
    Yes, unfortunately, the heaviest rain will fall between 7 and 3, although I don't think it will be drenching, but it will surely keep the attendance down.
  • Jackbacker2
    Aggie Stadium this morning looked great. Signage is up. KCRA was there with the assistant coaches and a few members of cheer. I hope many in the region will follow the game. Have to work then; to get Thanksgiving off; but I'm hoping for a great Aggie win with a good television audience. I am hoping that the TV coverage will have improved since the Southern Utah game.
  • Toke69
    I only know what I see in the stats. Fulcher and Tau-Tolier don't get many carries, combined abut 14 per game. The second leading rusher is the quarterback, Bennett. Larison averages well over 20 alone and gets 6.5 yards per carry. So it seems that the Hornets depend more on their passing attack.
  • CA Forever
    Go Ags! Beat the Hornets!
  • CA Forever
    Common theme for this season is the turnovers. We have to limit them if we want to keep up with Sac. Unfortunately, Sac is tied for conference lead in takeaways by interception and our guy Miles Hastings has the 2nd most interceptions thrown in the conference this season.
  • agalum

Agreed, we can’t survive 4 TOs. Aside from today’s rain, the wind is going to be blowing pretty good.
    Go Ags!
  • Toke69
    Run the ball down the Hornets' thoraxes.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Go AGS!!!!! Listening on TuneIn KTHk feed. Off to a good start. Should be high scoring.
  • CA Forever
    Lan Larison! Aggies strike first!
  • Toke69
    The O-line is getting a great push, driving the Sac State defenders two yards back on the run plays. They need to keep that up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great drive by the Aggies for the TD and then a great stop by the D!
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I'm enjoying the start of this game...and I for some reason originally thought the game started at 2pm so I'm glad the Causeway will be done or almost over in time for the Big Game in 3 hours. Usually I have to flip back and forth.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Really sorry to hear that Chubba is out with a broken leg. Is Rex Connors playing?
  • Toke69
    It doesn't look like the weather is going to be a factor? Is the field wet?
  • BlueGoldAg
    Magic man does his thing! Now, can we capitalize with another drive?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!