• movielover
    What are 12 AD s doing? Rocks has a large budget & staff.
  • Jackbacker2
    Seems the moves have left the sports information department gutted. I miss a more complete wrap up of the games, but some events have a robo writer with no humanity and others like the lax story so bare it is not worth the time for me to read the story. The headline for the Lax story was " Aggies fall and are short handed." At no point did I find out the reason for the reason why the Aggies were short handed. Was it red card (s) or yellow card (s)? Was it COVID or something else. I like to follow teams during the year, but the lack of substance in the articles make it impossible. I get better information from Aggie Sports Talk, than the department.
  • movielover
    Davis Enterprise: Football: Aggies finish productive spring practices

BYMIKE BUSH
    APRIL 27, 2022

"...Hastings, a sophomore, and Jack Newman, a junior transfer from San Francisco City College, and Mitchell Dixon, a redshirt freshman, took snaps. Hastings completed passes to tight end Josh Gale, another sophomore, and junior wide receiver Justin Kraft.

"The first offensive drive ended when Hastings completed a touchdown pass to tight end Garren O’Keefe. Gomez booted the extra point...."

"...Then Newman took snaps in the Aggies’ offense on the second drive. Newman, who had good protection from the Aggies’ offensive line, was nimble on his feet, keeping the football at times and running for first downs on broken plays. Newman also flexed his right arm, completing passes to tight end McCallan Castles, a junior, and wide receiver Chaz Davis, another sophomore on the team...."

"...Aggie running back Lans Larison displayed his athletic skills by running and catching the football on the drive Newman orchestrated. The drive ended when Newman hit Davis on a 75-yard strike. Gomez’s PAT was also good, giving the offense a 14-0 lead."

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/football-aggies-finish-productive-spring-practices/
  • Riveraggie
    Thanks for the post.
    Gale should be a redshirt freshman. 2020 was a free year and he only played four games in 2021.
    Nice that Kraft played; he’s had some injury challenges.
    Sounds like there were a lot of plays in Newman’s drive, considering it ended with a 75 yard strike. That guy has been playing college football for quite awhile. I guess Newman’s only a junior. Wasn't sure about that since he
    Graduated high school in 2017.
  • movielover
    Look at picture 2, 3, & 4 - doesn't Lance Babbs seem more muscular?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcMbkTClQeE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  • agalum

Yep, he looks like a stud. O’keefe looked like he had filled out as well.
  • movielover
    I still believe writer Bush misidentified him as a tight end. I hope so.
  • Riveraggie
    who was misidentified as a tight end? Babb?
  • Riveraggie
    That would be different. Babb wasn’t listed on the spring roster for some reason. Speaking of fairly large wide receivers, did they mention Logan Kraut, the transfer from Arizona?
  • agalum

I don’t remember seeing Kraut and i don’t see him listed on the spring roster. There were a few TEs that i didn’t recognize, like 6’6” Conway. BTW, Castles (and O’keefe) looked really good.
    https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/football/roster
  • CA Forever
    Kraut is on there... #13
  • agalum

Yep, missed it. Thanks
  • 88Aggie
    We have gone from quarterback U to tight end U!!

As long as we turn those big tight ends who don’t start into some other useful position.
  • AggieFinn
    Stanford, Miami, Notre Dame, Iowa, UCLA all considered Tight End U's.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!