• DTDVandal4
    Hey there Aggies. I'm in Sacramento for the first time and like a crazy person I am most excited to see UC Davis and Sac State. Unfortunately neither of you have any baseball or softball games at home while I'm here. Though I would love to maybe watch a spring Practice. But cannot find your schedule anywhere. Anyone know when the practices are and if they are open to public or there's a spot to watch from? Also any hookups on a Pint bobble head?

Good luck this season in all but 1 game. Go Vandals
  • AggieFinn2
    You're not really missing much with the no UC Davis baseball games this season, unless you're rooting for the other team. If you really want to see baseball Sacramento has three junior colleges, and they usually play ball on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays/Saturdays. The Triple-A River Cats should be starting up play soon (4/5 I think) Depending on how far you want to travel Cal also is home on Tuesday + Friday-Sunday.
  • DrMike
    they start Monday, I believe, but I didn’t see time/location.
  • DTDVandal4
    Appreciate information. Thanks. Hope I can find a pint bobblehead haha imma beg bookstore for any extra even if busted.
  • DrMike
    I fear you will be disappointed with your visit to the campus or downtown bookstores. Fan gear isn’t well stocked
  • DrMike
    9-11 daily except Sunday and Wednesday. Today they were on the grass behind Toomey. I expect weekdays will be there
  • AggieFinn
    Currently, Aggie Baseball is sitting 1-15. Aggies played UC Riverside pretty tough down south recently, but they aren't generating much offense at all.

As for Aggie Spring Football, yeah, starts Monday. Spring Game is???
  • DrMike
    I believe April 23
  • movielover
    UC Davis Athletics

"Taylor Chapatte has been named the UC Davis tight ends coach, Aggies head coach Dan Hawkins announced. Chapatte comes to Davis from the University of San Diego, where he spent four seasons as an assistant coach.

"Chapatte was the pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach for two seasons with the Toreros and was the wide receivers coach the previous two seasons."
  • AggieFinn
    Well rounded offensive coach
  • agalum
    Spring game Saturday 9-11. Might be busy around campus that day, wink.
  • movielover
    Any word on our new transfer QB? Feedback from the scrimmage tomorrow would be appreciated.
  • 88Aggie
    I guess the game will not be taped or shown on ESPN+? Any way to watch it besides in person?
  • agalum
    Went to the scrimmage. I think its hard to read too much into it. All the receivers looked good. There’s a few tall TEs that must be new, as well as a RB i didnt recognize. The QBs all threw good balls. Dixon was more mobile and evasive in the backfield than i remembered. Newman looked to be the most accurate and he has a nice mid range ball. Hastings had some real nice throws with one pick. Faulk threw a tremendous accurate toss from one end of the line to the other. He rolled way over to the right side then tossed the ball to a receiver on the far left side of the line. It was really impressive, but maybe dangerous. Whoever our QB is going to be, lets hope he’s a gamer.
    Several players parents were there based on the shirts with players names displayed.
  • agalum
    88, they were recording it but i would doubt they would post it for the competition to see.
    Edit - they posted some highlights on FB
  • DavisAggie
    A single highlight, ground view. Pathetic social media performance
  • CA Forever
    Agreed. I happen to live on the east coast and would have loved the opportunity to watch it. I know it's obviously a big difference in terms of popularity and budget of organization, but I live pretty dang close to the University of Florida and their spring game was a big freakin' deal. There were various options to watch on app and TV channel.
  • Riveraggie

I would guess that Davis is the only Big Sky program that didn’t have a single story on their official website about spring practice.
    There has been a distinct decrease in stories on the site. Tweets don’t make up for it.
    They may think they don’t need to publicize because of all the great local media coverage.
  • 88Aggie
    Don't the big programs have their spring scrimmages on TV? Doesn't seem like they are as concerned about privacy.
  • CA Forever
    UF had their spring game on ESPN, YouTube, Hulu, SEC Network, etc. There's no reason that we couldn't have had a stream on the athletics website or on YouTube. This is technology that is not even remotely new or inaccessible... Just laziness on the part of our athletics department.
  • Riveraggie
    University of Florida is out of our league but maybe they could do as good a job as UNC or Idaho State. Maybe that’s too high a bar.
  • CA Forever
    Yeah, I'm not asking for anything close to what UF provides but a basic livestream and then uploading the recording on YouTube is something that kids can do these days. It's really sad that we provide zero opportunity to watch something that should be easily accessible.
  • Riveraggie
    I hear you. But even without technology there should be some PR, journalism, interview etc coming out of a month of camp. Big drop off from pre COVID years.
    UC Davis is covered only by a low circulation local newspaper that serves an area about 8 miles in diameter. It’s web content is all behind a paywall. So the team needs to produce some web content for itself.
  • AggieFinn

I am in total agreement about the website. It's front page is a collage of useless, information-less, non-coverage of UC Davis sports...almost like a student with a massive social media fetish is simply pulling the strings. Horrible, hate the athletics website right now, everything remotely interesting is buried.
  • AggieFinn
    Anybody make it to the Spring Game? I saw a clip where a lineman scored a TD, which is always fun, especially for an ex-offensive lineman myself.
  • 69aggie
    I can find nothing on the referendum on the athletic funding vote. Nothing on the Aggie and I don’t subscribe to the enterprise anymore. I believe I saw that the administration pulled it’s support for the whole election idea. When is the vote set? Any opinions on the outcome? Will it even matter?
  • DrMike
    i think the vote just started. its a non-binding vote, but if it were to pass, there may be momentum next year to follow up with a 'real vote'. there are around 1000 athletes. if they all vote against it, and get a friend to follow suit, its almost sure to not pass. i believe it would require a super majority, so you'd have to get another 4000 or so 'repeal' votes to change things. people i talked to didn't seem worried BUT thought it was a distraction that they didn't need.
  • movielover
    We gave a full time tech / video guy and about 12 associate AD s.
  • Riveraggie
    It’s lack of content not technology. They don’t create content. One piece on first day of spring pactice An that basically two players saying it was great o be back practicing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!