• movielover
    The area is downtown, and near an upscale nightclub called London. Police have a 4 block by 4 block area blocked off. At least 5 injured taken to UC Davis Medical Center.

This may match or become the deadliest shooting in Sacramento history. Very sad.

Sac Bee: "The shootings took place in the vicinity of the 1000 block of K Street, near a strip of nightclubs close to such Sacramento landmarks as Golden 1 Center and the Capitol."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/news/local/article260065985.html

https://nypost.com/2022/04/03/multiple-victims-injured-in-downtown-sacramento-shooting/
  • AggieFinn2
    I was just in that area Friday night too. And I passed by the San Jose lightrail yard last year the day before that mass shooting too.

The politicians unfortunately use these tragedies as a means for pushing their political agendas, and I got the impression from the press conference that Steinberg may do the same. I'm fairly certain he even mentioned gang violence when they have no leads to even suggest that it was gang-related. Al they know is that one or more people wanted to go out and shoot several people and they did it.
  • movielover
    Tragic. A friend says at night it's dangerous. Pretty stupid if the city allows all clubs to stay open until 2 AM.

There was a major concert at Golden 1 Arena. I'm surprised thete has been no official press conference. You're probably correct, a narrative will come out from DC, hence the delay.
  • AggieFinn2
    Yes, that section of K Street is nowhere to be late at night. It already didn't feel safe with all the super-aggressive transients, the poor drivers, and the people looting after George Floyd was killed.
  • movielover
    Was it like that 3-4 years ago?
  • AggieFinn2
    Less so. Now it has more overpriced restaurants in the once boarded-up buildings that now house them.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!