• BlueGoldAg
    ...and the Titans cut the lead to 2 in just 40 seconds after the Aggie TO's...
  • MTBAggie
    Falling apart again.
  • BlueGoldAg
    ...and that, Aggie fans, was a really BAD loss..up 9 with 3 minutes to go and then multiple TO's by the Ags and the lead get cut to 2 in 40 seconds. This is a lousy way to head into the tournament...
  • Toke69
    It's tempting to blame this loss on that offensive foul call on Fuller with the Ags down by only one, but after UC Davis was up by 7 with 3:04 to go, they made 4 turnovers and fouled the shooter three times on made baskets. Even the call on Fuller was correct as he slammed his elbow into the Titan players face. Aggies should have won this game and basically blew it. I agree that this is a ousy way to head into the tournament.
  • movielover
    Meanwhile, Sac turns things around, Coach Laird winning 4 of 5.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies are a much better team right now than they were when they lost to Sac early in the season and I think we'd beat Sac if we were to play them now.

We lost two tough, close games this weekend to two of the better teams in the conference. The SB loss was on a long, 3 point buzzer beater by a player who was 0-12 before he heaved up winner. Tonight, we came from 9 down to lead by 9 in the second half but beat ourselves with TO's in the final 3 minutes.

Given the hit and miss schedule this season due to all the Covid cancelled games, I think this has been one of Les' best coaching efforts with this young team. They've come a long ways in spite of a lot of adversity. We're capable of beating any team in the tournament and we'll be a tough out.
  • agalum
    Two tough losses. As someone else commented, Fullertons D was pesky. Give them credit for coming back after being down 9 with 3 minutes to go. I was waiting for Pepper to get the hot hand but he was limited to 3-15 on FGs. I hope we turn this around for the tournament. So close.
  • DrMike
    I had grandkids around so tried to follow here and there on live stats. Saw we closed to one point then drove the little ones home. Dropped them off, turned on the radio and we’re up 55-46 with 3:00 to go! I was less than half way home, a couple TOs, a couple 3 point plays, and we were behind for good! Ugh

The problem I see is a lack of depth. Les has no faith with the back ups beside Ba against an aggressive D. I think that’s why we struggle late especially if the front court has foul issues.

We can beat anyone in the tournament but we’re not deep enough nor have enough scoring options to string 4 in a row . Love to see at least two more wins
  • movielover
    A few years back Les was hot after 2 prize recruits, 6'8" mobile players who could shoot the 3 ball. Josh Richard types. Problem is, those guys are recruited above mid major, and only playing one legit big man is tough. Balanced teams will go inside, get us in foul trouble, and wear us down.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!