• DrMike
    it’s a link to story about Craig Bohl detailing Wyoming’s plans to add from the portal.
  • DrMike
    Here’s a story about a large number of players, including 2 captains, leaving Hawaii. Sounds like playing for Todd Graham isn’t that much fun. Also mentions 12 players from Nevada have entered the portal! I think I’d be asking the coaching staff lots of questions if they were recruiting my son (or trying to get someone else out of the portal)

https://sports.yahoo.com/hawaii-coach-todd-graham-transfer-portal-program-amid-mistreatment-allegations-043237463.html
  • Riveraggie
    The new mobility for players is going to make certain styles of coaching obsolete. It’s not like guys enlist for the duration,
  • DrMike
    To follow up on that article, 8 of the Navada portal players signed with Colorado State - the school their coach bailed to! I’m addition, 5 recruits recommitted and ended up at ( wait for it, wait for it…..) Colorado State!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Players today are not going to tolerate the "disciplinarian, borderline abusive" style of coaching nor should they. I think that it's a very good thing when coaches like that are shown the door as a result of players leaving their programs through the portal.
  • Riveraggie
    I don’t think they should either. It’s interesting that in the case of Hawaii and Reno, we see the two opposites, players leaving to get away from a coach and players transferring to follow a coach.
  • DrMike
    The problem with Hawaii is it would take about $1M to buyout Graham and they are exactly flush with cash. On a related note, ASU paid Graham roughly $12M (!!) when they fired him!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Good work if you can get it.
  • cmt
    Todd Graham is awful. Just willing to take the money that’s out there. I wouldn’t believe a thing the dude said if I was a parent of a kid he was recruiting.

Left Rice after 1 year to go to Tulsa, who was in the same conference so it’s not like he went to a bigger school. Also left Pitt after 1 year to go to Arizona St. This was when Pitt was in the Big East and that conference still got a BCS bowl bid so it’s not like he went from a non Power 5 to a Power 5 school.

Repeatedly leaving after 1 year at a school is not a good look, especially under the circumstances Graham did it under where it wasn’t a real upgrade.
  • Riveraggie
    Hawaii knew what they were getting, so it’s really the school that’s at fault. A clue was that Arizona State was willing to forfeit 12M to get rid of him after a few seasons with not horrendous results.
  • DrMike
    Heck, even his own son is transferring!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hawaii-coach-todd-grahams-youngest-050100802.html

Hawaii football seems to be in a bad place. Coaches bailing after short stints, stadium issues, and now this.
  • movielover
    Mike Vorel@mikevorel

"Kalen DeBoer calls UC Davis transfer corner Jordan Perryman "pound for pound, one of the fastest and strongest guys on our football team." "
  • movielover
    UC Davis transfer is ‘extremely competitive,’ brings experience to UW defensive backfield

Hawkins raved about Perryman, so UW jumped.

https://amp.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/university-of-washington/article260324520.html

Great article.
  • movielover
    Peyton Dixon update - from the New Mexico football website.

"2021 (Redshirt Sophomore Season): Saw action in three games, with one start … rushed 29 times for 120 yards … also returned six kickoffs for 135 yards on the season … made his season debut against his old club, rushing five times for 21 yards and returning three kickoffs for 72 yards with a long of 29 … rushed just once aginst Boise State, but returned three kicks for 63 yards with a long of 25 yards … started in the finale against Utah State, and despite his hand in a cast, he rushed for 95 yards on 23 carries, with a long of 23 yards."
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!