• DrMike
    Early start today, 1:00, to accommodate TV. Let’s see if we can get a solid 40 minutes and knock off a surprising Long Beach team.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Long Beach is having a resurgent year. This would be a great win if the Ags can put together a full 40 minutes without long scoring droughts. Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    they were 3-7 in the preseason with some lopsided losses to okay teams, so the early conference success is surprising. Oddly enough the paper shows us as 2 point favorites!
  • movielover

Two talented freshmen each 6'5", a guard and a forward.
  • Toke69
    The Beach has a forward named Joe Hampton who was in the reality TV Series "Last Chance U."
  • DrMike
    1-8 from 3’s to start but still a lead. We’re rebounding well
  • DrMike
    Tied at the half.

Defense (5 steals) and rebounding (21-12) are the keys so far, offsetting cold 3 point shooting.

See what the second half has to offer
  • Toke69
    This game is starting to resemble the Fullerton game. Ags had a lead but tied at the half. Also heard Bob Williams say that Hampton is out with covid.
  • DrMike
    48-38 13:00 to go; slipping away quickly. Sloppy with the ball and can’t hit our shots especially 3’s
  • BlueGoldAg
    Blown layups and poor 3 point shooting. Getting good looks but can't convert.
  • Toke69
    I don't recall seeing the team play this poorly in a long time. Of course, I missed the games against Sac State and Academy of Art.
  • DrMike
    55-49 at the 8:00 media; back in it but fouls are gonna be an issue. Next foul puts them in double bonus
  • BlueGoldAg
    Lucky you! :rofl:
  • DrMike
    2:30 drought and we’re down 8 with 5:30 to go
  • DrMike
    Down 10 at the 4:00. Not looking promising
  • DrMike
    70-63 loss. 3-18 from beyond the arc. Hit 3 more and shoot average, and we have a shot. Frustrating homestand
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags fall 70-63. Too many blown layups by the Ags and miserable 17% 3 point shooting. The Ags had good looks but couldn't put the ball through the hoop.
  • Toke69
    It was almost like the team was enervated the way so many of their lay-ups were simply not strong enough. Very mysterious. Same thing with foul shots. I heard one of the commentators say that the Ags are last in the conference at 67%. Coach Les needs to figure some things out or they're going to finish near the bottom of the league.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    See Thursday nights thread. Same game basically
  • DrMike
    biggest difference was start of second half. Thursday we got off to good start and let the 7 point lead slip away. Today we were ice cold after the break, 15-4 in the first 8 minutes. Couldn’t overcome that. Again, a DECENT percentage from the arc and line, and we win. Shooters seem to have lost their confidence.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    yep. You even see it in their body language. And we passed on some open looks because we just didn’t want to pull the trigger.
  • agalum
    Well, was at the grandson’s basketball game and missed this one.

That loss to J street gave me a few more gray hairs. Painful.
  • DrMike
    exactly; in contrast, at UOP, you could see that guys couldn’t wait to get their hands on the ball do they could put up a shot! Free throw shooting is contagious, both good and bad
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Hope Anigwe is ok. He gave it a try in the second half but just couldn’t do it.
  • DrMike
    i was following via live stats (3 grandkids running around) and noticed he didn't have many minutes in the 1st half -> assumed it was foul trouble. that hurts; he's a pretty reliable scorer, even if it often takes two tries to get a layup (and brick and the tip in).
  • Oldbanduhalum
    it definitely hurt in this game. I thought initially, somewhere near the end of the first half, they were working his legs. Almost like a cramp. But then he came out after half with a lower back brace type of thing. He didn’t start the second half but came in after a few minutes but was laboring. Went out for good after that. Hope it’s a minor thing that he can play through. I like Murphy and even Bora had a few decent minutes, but they are nothing like a healthy Anigwe.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Bora showed some quickness on a couple of moves. I think he has some nice potential and it would be great to have a good player with his size in the post. Hope his development continues to progress nicely. He could be a load inside.
  • DrMike
    Les sees the silver lining on the game:

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/
  • BlueGoldAg
    I feel the same way as Les regarding how hard the team plays and that we play really well in spurts but just haven't been able to make it consistent. I thought our ball movement was really good today but we just couldn't drain our 3's. We would have won the game if we could have shot a paltry 33% from 3 but 3-18 just won't get it. It was just one of those nights...
  • DrMike
    another contributor or two off the bench would help. Borra is progressing but there’s not many points off the bench. Adebayo and Murphy play with energy but neither score much. DeBruhl and McGill aren’t there yet
  • abridge
    Anigwe was wearing some sort of belt with red LEDs on it when he came out of the locker room at the half and had it on every time he came out of the game. Maybe one of those stimulator things? He definitely looked pained during his appearances in the 2nd half.

The Beach did a fine job of taking Pepper out of the game in the 2nd half. I'll have to watch the video to see what was happening.

Looking forward to being in our normal seats on the 1st !
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!