• DrMike
    I noticed Damion Squire is finally playing (last 7 games) and starting for Portland State. This team could really use his toughness and athleticism.

As for the crowd…we were up behind the bench and the ‘crowd’ just seemed lethargic from the get go. There was such a weird vibe - not as bad as the empty arena but still had a ‘not normal’ feel. No concessions, first 3 rows roped off, no courtside seating, big empty gap where the lounge usually is. No band. No energy.
  • abridge
    We’ll, I found last night’s game incredibly entertaining - also frustrating for all the reason expressed by others. I’m also happy with the new lighting which really makes a difference. I haven’t looked at the video of the game but I’m betting it’ll make a difference.

What I’ve noticed is how our inside game just died toward the end of the game - many of the shots were, well, acrobatic, but not easy to make. The Beach will present the same problem.

The free throw shooting was awful.

I liked seeing so much of the bench in the first half. They weren’t stellar but I enjoyed seeing them and feel they didn’t hurt us.

I still can’t get over how quick Manjon is. Damn, he can slither through amazingly small openings.
  • DrMike
    I thought the bench in the second half hurt, even though they didn’t play much. Early on when we had a lead, went with a lineup of (from memory) McGill, DeBruhl, Milling, Murphy and I believe Pepper and Fullerton’s defense went into attack mode. We were out of whack and they took the lead.

Milling has really improved, but he needs help weapons around him to free up space.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!