• BlueGoldAg
    We're finally home from our 7 week journey to Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and New England so this will be the first game we have been able to attend this year. We didn't see a high of 70 degrees for the entire trip so we're not looking forward to the heat.

Some friends of ours used our tickets while we were traveling and they picked us up at the airport last night. They said that they did not feel that the Ags played well even in the games they won. We seem to have had our two best games in our losses to Cal and NDSU. We have been very inconsistent on both offense and defense in the rest of the games. I think our injuries have really disrupted the cohesiveness of this team this year.

The offense needs to be able to stay on the field and score when they have the opportunities. If Weber establishes a punishing run game and is on the field a lot, we'll be in big trouble. I'm hoping to see a solid, complete game from the Aggies but, given how things have gone this year, I'm not all that confident about our chances tomorrow.
  • MTBAggie
    I just noticed that the game is being aired on Eleven Sports. I'm assuming that means those of us who don't get that channel won't be able to stream the game. And the game is not listed on Big Sky TV.
    Urgh...
  • agalum

MTB, the game is on Directv, 67x I think
  • MTBAggie
    We're "cable cutters," so if it isn't streamed on Pluto or Big Sky TV, I usually can't get it (with the exception of paying for a month of ESPN+ for the NDSU game). My son's school has an event from 10-3 tomorrow, so I hadn't planned on going to the game. I may have to push/encourage/bribe my son to leave early and make a drive up to Davis for this game.
  • DrMike
    i think they will have the link on the athletics webpage. i think that was the case for the Poly game which was on Eleven.
  • DrMike
    weather underground, which tends to be more accurate than the others, shows 82 at kickoff, dropping to mid 70's by halftime. how's the smoke up there? we're getting it here in the bay area.

the first halves v Poly and SUU, we looked like a top 10 team. offense was clicking, defense making stops. late scores at the end of the half gave the opponents some life and slowed things down for us, and their ball control turned us from top 10 to 'also receiving votes'. still looking for 60 (heck 50!) minutes of solid football.
  • BlueGoldAg
    There isn't any noticeable smoke this morning in the Land Park area of Sacramento...not sure about Davis though.
  • Russ Bowlus
    There's was some smoke higher up on my way into work (Davis->Sacto), but nothing down at ground level. Bigger issue will likely be that it is supposed to be very windy.
  • agalum
    Yep, no smoke and the downslope wind in the evening will keep it away. But it’s supposed to be breezy at game time
  • agalum
    Well, now they’re saying 5-6 mph winds. This morning’s forecast called for breezier conditions
  • DrMike
    i have been seeing windy on Sunday (maybe late Saturday). hope that's the case.
  • BlueGoldAg
    WEB @ UCD

Spread - Aggies by 2.5
    Sagarin - Wildcats by 1
    Massey - Aggies by 3
  • NCagalum
    the game is listed on big sky tv and should also be on Pluto. The link from the UCD schedule page ports you over to Pluto.
  • MTBAggie
    Phew, the game wasn't listed on the Big Sky TV website this morning.
  • DavisAggie
    He's had off the field success: book, play, same era as KO, a natural 2nd selection.
  • agalum
    Sounds like Weber has done well in the first half and struggled in the second. Sound familiar? Need a complete game to put this one away.
  • Riveraggie
    Not last week. Outscored NAU 37-7 in second half
  • NCagalum
    I see it listed on the bigsky app (iOS for me). Don’t know about the website.
  • agalum
    For those with Directv, the game will be on 623.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    I was just about to post the same - great minds think alike.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    How is the AQ in Davis with all the fires to the west?
  • howard in nyc
    At least once I drove Rolf from a soccer game to a football game, but I can't even remember now (maybe a home soccer game, road Hayward State? long time ago.)

Second on Casey Merrill getting some love and recognition. If for no other reason then I can tell some of my Casey stories. (most involved beer, and lifting heavy things.)
  • BlueGoldAg
    Really small crowd...disappointing!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    So much for any lick of talk about expansion, wow
  • howard in nyc
    At this pace, these guys better hydrate.
  • howard in nyc
    And, Pluto is down. Got four minutes of action, almost better than nothing.
  • howard in nyc
    Back up, only dark for a couple of minutes. Sorry I panicked.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Weber D is stout
  • BlueGoldAg
    Total yards after the 1st quarter:

Weber 154. Ags 25
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!