• Riveraggie
    Perhaps the opponents but I think Massey is based on more than just points. I think Idaho State has given up a lot of yards
  • CA Forever
    Yeah I'm not sure of the exact algorithm that they use, but they have our defense in the 40's and ISU in like the 80's. That being said they have our offenses right next to each other. This game could come down to who can stop 1 or 2 drives cause the rest are going to be points.
  • DrMike
    It’s also BREWFEST!
  • movielover
    Is it primarily younger alums, or a wide range?
  • BlueGoldAg
    My wife doesn't drink beer...wine and an occasional cocktail but no beer. I've tried my best to introduce her to one of the good life's true pleasures but, after 41 years of being together, it ain't gonna happen. Me..."I drank beer with my friends, I liked beer, I still like beer..." :cool:

So does anyone know if a non-beer drinker has to buy a Brewfest ticket to enter the beer area if they will not be tasting the beers? She's willing to wonder around with me as I try a few but not if she has to buy a ticket.
  • DrMike
    mostly students, not too many old timers. Youngsters tend to get their money’s worth!
  • DrMike
    I think they give you a wrist band for drinking so non-drinkers are welcome. One year my son was a non-drinker, but walked around with us
  • BlueGoldAg
    :up: Looking forward to it along with an Aggie W!
  • DrMike
    They are selling west side tickets for $14 today. No promo code needed.

https://bit.ly/2MHhZMS
  • BlueGoldAg
    That's a good deal...I bought my tickets a few days ago and they were $28.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Tickets for the NAU game on November 2rd are on sale now for $14 each as well.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Here's how we rank statistically in the Big Sky:

gd0q6r84iwogeyi7.png
  • BlueGoldAg
    Here's how we rank in the Big Sky individually:

vbuvtmszlk3yk5t4.png
  • BlueGoldAg
    This is the second home game to have a 4 pm kickoff in the heat of the day. The first 4 pm start, against Idaho on September 22, was dictated by Pluto tv and there was nothing the athletic department could do about. The high temperature that day was 92 degrees which was very hot for anyone sitting on the east side with the sun in their eyes too. No one wants to bake in 92 degree heat with no shade with the sun directly in their eyes.

The forecast for the ISU game is sunny with a high of 88 degrees which is 10 degrees above the historical average. So even though the high temperature is predicted to be a few degrees cooler it will still be uncomfortably hot on the east side with the sun impairing the view. Consequently, we'll be seeing fans chasing every bit of shade they can find in the stadium.

Aggie Stadium is a really nice venue but these terrible start times in the heat of the day are detrimental to our attendance. These hotter than average temperatures are likely to continue in the years to come as the climate continues to heat up each year.

The football program is on the rise and we have a legitimate shot at contending for the Big Sky Championship and a possible playoff berth. The team and the fans deserve to play in front of a full house but these awful start times are not helping us get fans in the seats. Scheduling games in the heat of the day needs to end.
  • movielover
    So our pass defense is still a problem?

These stats, are they just based on BS conference games?

I don't think the temperature hypothetically going from 88 to 88.5 is an issue ... it's whether FB wants these start times. I wonder what the temp is on the eastern sideline?
  • SochorField
    I'm not sure of the statistics, but I have a feeling we are penalized more than a healthy amount.
  • agalum
    At least the sun is setting earlier these days. The east side should be seeing shade around 5 pm.

Bengal board is very quiet. They are very high on their QB, and one poster claimed that we (message board) have zero respect for their QB. Did I miss something? I never saw one comment about him.
  • CA Forever
    I commented that I wasn't sold on him 100% as his stats outside of the Idaho game are average. I also stated that he could repeat his performance though.
  • BlueGoldAg
    These stats are for our 2 Big Sky games only.
  • agalum
    10-4. I hope we lay it on these guys and keep the heat on for 4 quarters.
  • CA Forever
    I do too. I wasn't downplaying Gueller's performance vs Idaho, just that he outperformed all of his other performances this season by a wide margin.
  • AggieFinn
    Bringing my loud friend to this one. More noise Aggie Pack, more Noise!

Hawk lobbying the student body was hilarious...I think he's finding out more and more every year that it's not 1982 anymore...the kids are distracted by almost everything!
  • movielover
    Hero Sports ranks our playoff chances.

UC DAVIS
    Record: 4-1, 2-0
    Remaining Games: vs. Idaho St., @ Cal Poly, @ Mont., vs. NAU, @ EWU, vs. Sac. St.

"75 percent - UC Davis' resume is outstanding so far. Wins against FBS San Jose State and 2017 playoff participant San Diego stand out. The lone loss to No. 9 Stanford isn't really even a loss. But things beef up starting this week and we'll see just how good the Aggies are. This weekend's game against Idaho State is going to be a barn burner. Then games at Montana and EWU are going to be key. If UC Davis can solidify itself as the second-best team in the Big Sky and not suffer any "bad" losses, it has a chance at a seed. But first, the Aggies need to take care of business before looking too far down the road."
  • CA Forever
    I saw that article too. I think we have a good team and are in a good position currently, but I don't like being that optimistic. Our remaining schedule is a meat grinder. Idaho State is good, Cal Poly might be heating up and it's a rivalry game, Montana @ Montana is tough even if they did lose to PSU, NAU isn't quite looking like a powerhouse but we've struggled with them in the past, EWU is one of the best teams in the country, and Sac is another rivalry game.

I don't want it to be the case, but we could lose any of these games.
  • movielover
    I agree. SJ victory so key. Now the big boy tests begin. Go Ags!
  • Riveraggie
    We could lose any game on our schedule but we have a solid chance to win any game. Indeed if we continue to play to the form we’ve established this year we’ll be favored in every game except EW with the Montana game even because they are at home. I think we’ll improve over what we’ve done so far.
  • BlueGoldAg
    There's a lot of interest in this game from FCS fans all over the country. We're running away with the Game of the Week Poll over on anygivensaturday.com.

fayxnj2hpazmspay.png

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?214667-2018-10-13-AGS-GOTW-Week-7
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!