• Toke69
    We can hope that the men's basketball team can exact some revenge for the football team over our arch rivals. It won't be easy. Sac State has 7' 1" rebound eating Callum McRae who scores in double figures and has learned how to dish out assists. They have a new head coach, David Patrick, recently with UCR. One clear edge the Aggies will have is their depth. The Hornets have been employing only a 7 man rotation, although that was good enough to give them wins over Denver and UCSD, both away. I don't see the game being on ESPN+ so I imagine it will be on Big Sky TV.
  • AggieFinn2
    Sac State couldn't even score 60 against UC Merced in a win. That said they will prove an annoying opponent for UC Davis per usual.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This game has been played at the Golden1 Center since 2016:

2016: Aggies 81 Sac 72
    2017: Aggies 64 Sac 47
    2018: Sac 58 Aggies 55
    2019: Sac 61 Aggies 51
    2021: Sac 75 Aggies 63
  • BlueGoldAg
    There is no TV or online live stream for this game. Radio and Live Stats only.
  • Toke69
    Has anyone found the game broadcast as of today? I haven't. Anyone going to the game?
  • agalum

Wife and i will be there for both games. On another thread BGA and OldBandalum said they were going.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yep me and my wife are going to both games (I had to promise her Suaced BBQ before the women's game to get her to go). No video...you can get the radio stream at https://thevarsitynetwork.com/feed/source/oas-1487
  • Toke69
    Seems like Sac State is getting better at everything. Must be their AD?
  • agalum
    Looking like we’re going to need the fellas to come through tonight
  • MTBAggie
    Edit, internet was totally wrong on the score. Women are going down.
  • SoCalAggie
    I can’t listen to the broadcast in LA due to regional rights? That’s dumb.
  • BlueGoldAg
    18-16 Sac with 11:30 to go in the half.
  • Toke69
    The ESPN boxscore shows that Pepper has not even attempted a shot?!
  • MTBAggie
    Ugh, down 11.
  • BlueGoldAg
    He’s 2-5 so far. Ags are digging themselves a hole. Down 39-30
  • BlueGoldAg
    40-33 Sac at the half.

Austin Patterson hit all 4 of his 3’s for Sac. He scored a ton of points in HS at Sonora, I think and we offered him. I remember seeing him at some Aggie games but he ended up at Wofford for a year and then he entered the portal. I thought we might go after him then but he ended up at Sac. He’s a deadly shooter.
  • movielover
    53-47 Sac, 12 minutes left.

53-51.

59-57 - Ags, 6:56!
  • Toke69
    Aggies up 74-66! What happened? Appears that maybe Anigwe and Pepper went off?
  • Toke69
    Also, put the clamps on Patterson?
  • movielover
    Anigwe 22
    Pepper 24, 8 Rbs, 8 Assists
    Johnson 11
    Milling 14, ... 5 of 6, 9 Rebounds
  • Toke69
    Of all the games I had to miss, it had to be this one. Couldn't even get the audio feed to work, but at least the Ags won in dramatic fashion. Pay back time!
  • BlueGoldAg
    We just got home from the game. Great win for the Aggies coming back from 11 down to win it. The second half was perhaps the best half of basketball the Ags have played this year. Les made some great defensive adjustments at halftime. The 1-2-2 zone press where we were picking them up at 3/4 court really got our defense going and, like Les likes to say, good defense leads to it good offense. Good contributions from a lot of players tonight and it was good to see Kane Milling find his shot.

So after losing the Causeway football game, being left out the playoffs and the WBB team getting thumped by Sac, I needed this!
  • Toke69
    I saw that the Hornets only played 7. I wonder if the Ags depth wore them out.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Just got home too. Great second half. It’s interesting that the lineup that really got the energy going in the comeback was Johnson, Milling, Lose, DeBruhl and Rocak. They really pressured the perimeter well. And it helped that Milling got hot! And Toke, I think you’re right, sac did look tired at the end
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggie defense forced 19 Hornet TO's. Defense was the big difference tonight.
  • agalum
    Wow, exciting second half. We did much better defending their big guy #25 in the post during the second half. Those crazy officials were seeing things that nobody else saw, but the Ags come home with a much needed and desired win.
  • BlueGoldAg
    “I challenged our guys to ramp up their defense and their physicality in the second half,” said Aggie head coach Jim Les.

“I thought we were a little soft on defense in the first half and were rushing our shots, but give Sac State credit, they were playing really well. But our group really responded in the second half. Sac State had us on our heels, but we were really resilient to come back like that. Our intensity ramped up, our physicality ramped up and we were really going after rebounds. When you do things like that, not surprisingly, the ball starts going in the basket.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/basketball-aggie-men-ramp-up-defense-to-silence-hornets/
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies out rebounded Sac 37-29 including a 15-5 advantage in the second half. This is the first time Sac was beaten on the boards this season.

Interesting note: This was the 120th game between these two schools with Sac leading the all-time series 69-51 since the first game in 1948.
  • Toke69
    Oddly enough the series has been a bunch of runs where one school dominates the other. UCD won 6 of the first 8 games, then in 1951, Sac State went on a 31-5 tear until 1965, just before Bob Hamilton became the head coach. Then the Aggies more or less dominated winning 26 of 42 until 1987. From then until 2015, it was again the Hornets turn going 16-9. Since 2015, it's been pretty even, but that long 31-5 stretch explains why CSU Sacramento still has an edge. (Source, UCD Men's Basketball Record Book)
  • BlueGoldAg
    In an early matchup of common opponents, Hawaii just defeated Sac 74-61 in Hawaii.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!