• BlueGoldAg
    (Y) 100% agree with you Toke69. These kids put their hearts into it and gave us every ounce they had. Five tough games in 9 days, many hours of travel, interviews and hoopla galore and then they go up against perhaps the best team in college basketball this year to boot. What more could you ask from these kids? It's astonishing what they accomplished.
  • movielover
    Refreshing comments from our young Aggies.
  • CA Forever
    I really feel like Les has this program on the rise. Awesome to see our guys out there leaving it all on the court.
  • aggie6thman
    So this just happened. gfk9trubey2m911y.png
  • aggie08
    Awesome! Always been a fan of Reggie. Class act as a person, and a heck of a competitor back in the day.
  • CA Forever
    That is awesome. This whole experience was great pr for the program and university. Can't wait to see what the future has in store.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Just want to say what an incredible season this was. I'm proud of the accomplishments of this team, but more so, the character of these young men. From the dedication of JT to overcome two ACLs, to perserverance of guys like Gerogi and Michael who although don't play too often continue to push it in practice and are ready where their number is called, to the leadership of Lemar and White, and the engaging personalities of Chima and Graham, they are all great ambassadors of UC Davis. Can't wait to see what the future brings for all these players, as well as the program.

As for next years team, we are adding three freshman, 6'6 swingman Delveion Jackson, 6'5 guard Gio Nelson, and 6'8" post Logan Strom. 3 redshirts will be added, 6'4" guard Rogers Printup (out this year with leg injury), 6'9" post Peter Hewitt, and 6'8" post/swing AJ John. And 1 JC transfer in 5'10" TJ Shorts. It'll be interesting to see how the new guys buy in to Les' system. We've got a nice core coming back but the new guys will definitely be needed to step in and contribute. I'm particularly interested in seeing what type of game John and Jackson bring.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Postgame interviews after the game.

Kansas starts at the 6:30 mark and the Aggies start at the 16:14 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9PO0Tspf6Y
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Sac Bee's Ailene Voisin on the Aggies historic run:

Excerpt: "In the end, after the heavily favored Kansas Jayhawks chased them back to the farm, the UC Davis Aggies were left with 13 glorious minutes inside the BOK Center, one stirring victory in their NCAA Tournament debut, and enough stirring memories to wipe away the tears."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article139333243.html#storylink=cpy
  • BlueGoldAg
    Over the years a lot of Aggie fans have been critical of the limited, and some believe biased, coverage of Aggie sports by the Sacramento Bee, but I thought the coverage of the of the Aggies historic run from the conference tournament to the Kansas game was really good. The amount of media publicity generated for the university and Aggie basketball over the past week has been incredible.

Coach Les was right when he said that "this team put UC Davis on the map nationally and internationally," and you could not have asked for better ambassadors for the university than the players on this team each and every time a microphone was placed in front of them.

The coaches and players were phenomenal and the future of Aggie basketball just took a giant step forward.
  • zythe
    I hope Chancellor May noticed this and will be very athletics friendly once his tenure begins.
  • movielover
    A bit of an overstatement by Coach Les, but I understand his enthusiasm. We are a large university that has received acclaim for many reasons, for our agriculture, our viticulture, our vet school, golf team, an Ironman, a QB. Yes, this dance refreshed our image to some, and was new to others.

Go Ags! I also love the length of our new recruits..
    Do we have many open slots?
  • CA Forever
    It looks like verbal commits is showing that we have 1 spot open with 5 offers out, all on point guards.
  • BlueGoldAg
    From Bob Dunning's column: The Aggies Proved They Belong

http://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/dunning/bob-dunning-the-aggies-have-proved-they-belong/

From Bruce Gallaudet: Aggie Nation without Darius, Brynton and JT? Not yet, let's keep celebrating

http://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggie-nation-without-darius-brynton-and-j-t-not-yet-lets-keep-celebrating/
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice video of the Aggies return celebration and a shout out to Rob Lowe from Coach Les:

http://iseedavis.com/welcome-home-ags/

It would be great if Rob Lowe would open his pocketbook and make a generous donation to the Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I know the coaches must be exhausted but I hope they're following up on recruiting. Gotta strike while the iron is hot!
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!