• DrMike
    Guys look beat. Getting beat on the boards, loose balls in addition to not shooting
  • BlueGoldAg
    Down by 20...time to let the bench play...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Les should let Shaw play some minutes since this is his last year...keep Fuller in too and then let the bench play...
  • DrMike
    agreed. Maybe he can get a turnover or two
  • Toke69
    This is so sad. Ags needed their A game to win and they brought their D game. Manjon 2 for 15 so far. Pepper not much better.
  • BlueGoldAg
    5-23 from 3 also...
  • DrMike
    Everybody is pressing SO MUCH on offense. Feel bad for them to end on a low note
  • BlueGoldAg
    One of the worst shooting games ever for Manjon...he can't even get a layup to fall...really too bad for him.
  • DrMike
    I hope we only lose Fuller, Ba and Shaw; always makes me worry when the season ends badly and that damned portal is out there
  • BlueGoldAg
    Dedrique Taylor has built his team around high powered transfers. They're just too big, strong and talented for the Aggies. We lack that kind of interior strength so, when our top 2 scorers are ice cold, you end up getting blown out.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah Mike, I always worry about Manjon going somewhere. Fingers crossed that everyone else is back. Tough way to finish
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't think Manjon, or anyone else really, would leave the program. Les found Manjon and Pepper. They were largely overlooked. Les builds a strong, family chemistry too. We just need some interior size and strength.
  • Toke69
    One of the commentators tonight noted how badly UC Davis was hurt by all their cancelled games. losing game experience, continuity, team cohesion and flow. Considering how well this season started, I have to believe there is a lot to that. We can hope that those players who might come back will look at next season for redemption and not leave out of disappointment and disgust with what happened this year. It would be great if things could get back to normal and the team could play a full season. As for tonight's game, it is really hard to figure how the team could have missed so many lay-ups, especially Manjon.
  • DrMike
    I hope you’re right and think you probably are. Still surprised squire left
  • BlueGoldAg
    I don't think Squire was as "connected" to Les and to being an Aggie.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hawaii 68 Riverside 67 Final
  • BlueGoldAg
    Post-game comments from Fullerton Coach Taylor:

“Davis is a great team and we knew they’d make a run, so we called a timeout and emphasized getting back to doing the things that got us the lead in the first place,” said Fullerton head coach Dedrique Taylor, a 1997 UC Davis graduate.

Asked about knocking his alma mater out the tournament, Taylor smiled and said “I root for them when they’re not playing us, but those loyalties go away pretty quickly when you’re coaching somewhere else.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/basketball-season-abruptly-ends-uc-davis-men/
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I hope you’re right. If history is any indication, we may lose a bench player looking for more time. Other than Squire, we don’t usually lose rotational players. Hopefully that trend continues. By the way, anyone know why McGill did not see any minutes the last weekend of the regular season nor the tourney. Im guessing injury because he wasn’t one of the bench players that came in for the last minute last night. Not a big issue but just curious.
  • DrMike
    I was wondering the same thing. Up to a couple weeks ago, he was getting consistent first half minutes. He really seemed to struggle on the home stand when he’d get the ball near the paint - looked like he lost confidence.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I do think McGill will be one of the players that could fill in the Fuller role next season. Good size and can move, and I do think his jumper will develop.
  • DrMike
    fuller : great ambassador for Davis!

That was quite a testament to the program Les has built
  • DrMike
    agree; it seemed like with Fuller out (and our normal foul issues) he was inside more than normal - a spot he didn’t look comfortable. He, along with Murphy and Borra REALLY need to progress with their offense down low.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It didn't take long for BW players to inter the transfer portal . UCSD has already had 4 players leaving and CSUN has 2:

3/10/2022 - Cal State Northridge 2018 SG Brendan Harrick (6-5, 190, 2★) will be transferring.
    3/10/2022 - Cal State Northridge 2018 PG Darius Brown II (6-2, 195, 2★) will be transferring.
    3/9/2022 - UC San Diego 2018 PG Lunden Taylor (6-3, 180, 2★) will be transferring.
    3/8/2022 - UC San Diego 2018 PF Toni Ročak (6-9, 220, 2★) will be transferring.
    3/8/2022 - UC San Diego JUCO PF Matt Gray (6-8, 230, 2★) will be transferring.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/conferences/big-west
  • Toke69
    Toke69 signing off until football season. Thank all of you guys for your interesting and informative posts.
  • movielover

Rock seems to be the prize transfer.

Toke69, be well. Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Rock seems to be the prize transfer.
    He apparently has already heard from a lot of programs, including Arkansas and DePaul and some mid tier west coast schools
  • DrMike
    can’t blame CSUN kids; that program is a train wreck. Surprised at UCSD although they seemed to regress this year. Their 3 are with R-Jr or Sr, who maybe need a grad program to finish eligibility
  • DrMike
    Long Beach with a three at the buzzer to beat UCSB
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!