• CA Forever
    Shock the World, guys... Shock the World. Bring on KU!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Man...that would be the greatest upset in the history of college basketball!
  • movielover
    Can we learn how to pass in 2 days? Penetrate, create different angles before you pass... Don't telegraph it!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Outstanding coaching move by Les to come out with that 1-3-1 zone after the last TO. His experience as a player and a coach in pressure situations like this is an absolute necessity at this level of play.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope so because I'm sure Bill Self was watching this game and he'll have the Jayhawks pressuring and double teaming the ball. Siler, especially, must settle down and not turn the ball over. He's pressing right now and his shot has been off the the whole post-season. I think the pressure has gotten to him and it's becoming a mental thing now. He'll want to play well in his home state. I just hope it doesn't create even more pressure for him.
  • agalum
    "Outstanding coaching move by Les to come out with that 1-3-1 zone after the last TO. His experience as a player and a coach in pressure situations like this is an absolute necessity at this level of play."
    And don't let Schneider shoot the 3. He's great with that floater, bur kills us behind the arc.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hear ya...but Siler is a very decent 3 point shooter that can get hot when he's dialed in...he's just been totally off his game in the post-season.
  • zythe
    Great game by the Aggies!

Thanks to North Carolina Central for a very good game. You played well and we barely got this one.
  • CA Forever
    He used to be able to drain 3's, right? I'm not crazy am I? I think the post season has gotten in his head. It's not just the shooting though. He turned the ball over multiple times with seconds leading to scoring plays. He just throws up crazy passes he has no business throwing.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It was a very entertaining basketball game between two very evenly matched teams. Chima was the x-factor for the Aggies and Lawrence White was the unsung hero that played one of his best games ever in an Aggie uniform.
  • NCagalum

Ah, correction. In statistics, there is no such thing as being due.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggie win just fot the Big West Conference a tidy, little $1.6 million...you're welcome Mr. Commissioner!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The #8 UC Irvine @ #1 Illinois State game in the first round of the NIT iis about to start on ESPNU.

Go Eaters and the Big West!
  • NCagalum
    I have to say I watched NC State play Virginia a couple of weeks ago here in Raleigh. NC State played poor defense and used all 1 on 1 offense. Gottfried had been canned a week prior.

Then I watched the big west tourney games and the Ags for the for the first time this year. My thoughts - while not a great shooting or great offensive team I thought they played excellent defense and were very well coached. I just hope NC State doesn't make an offer to Les. I hear UC Berzerkley is looking for one too
  • NCagalum
    with siler you can see no confidence on his face and obvious tension. He's pulling the string terribly on his shots and no zip on his passes including telegraphing. It would be a plus if he started contributing
  • BlueGoldAg
    Illinois State 43 UCI 34 at the half. I'll tell you what, I'm glad we are playing the Redbirds in NIT. They are a really good basketball team (also the arch rival of Bradley when Les was Bradley's coach). They can flat out shoot the basketball. Irvine is actually playing pretty well but they have to get a few stops to get back in this one.
  • Davisbear
    Great crowd at The Grad! It was packed and the local Fox affiliate was there. It was packed and everyone had a great time cheering on the Ags
  • ucdboyd
    Wheeeee! Great win- Glad I could watch with you Dr Mike. Good call on Beebs, I like that place. Soon when we're in the tourney all the time, Beebs will be wall to wall Aggie fans for games- lol. Let me know where you will be watching on Friday and I'll try to get there.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Illinois State 85 UC Irvine 71. The Redbirds should have been in the NCAA tournament. They would have done some damage there.
  • quadshock
    How much money do we get from the win and where does the money go? Basketball program or department in general?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I believe we get $1.6 million but it goes to the Big West Conference and, I believe, it is paid over a number of years. I assume it is shared among all the schools.

If someone knows the fine details...please post up.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Recap and post-game quotes from Coach Les, Chima, Brynton, and Lawrence...scroll down for the quotes:

http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/031517aab.html#
  • Zander

My research led me to believe it's paid over 6 years, with 1.6M being an estimate including expected growth in payouts. Divide it 9 ways and you get our average annual payout, not counting for inflation.

No idea where it goes; I think it would be fair for bball to get it but who knows.
  • quadshock
    Assuming it's even split (which it hopefully isn't), $30k/year isn't bad but probably won't bring any major improvements to the program. I guess this is where having a consistently good conference could really help everyone out then.
  • quadshock
    "Graf had to foul Lawrence White, who made two free throws with 16 second remaining to give the Eagles some breathing room. Lemar hit a foul shot with 4 seconds left to put it away."

Top notch reporting as always
  • Zander
    I think NCAA recommends an even split. It's a way to enforce parity so that the best teams in the power conferences who make the tournament each year (like, well, Kansas) don't hoard all the resources from their bottomfeeders. I haven't seen anything from the Big West forums to suggest our conference breaks from the recommendations.

20k/year isn't much on its own, but remember we're still getting payouts from Cal Poly's win and Hawaii's win. That's 60k a year, which is funding for a full scholarship or an assistant's salary. If the Big West can consistently win play-ins or pull off middling upsets then that actually starts to make a difference.
  • aggie6thman
    In our own press release. Awesome.
  • aggie6thman
    It's not the cash from the win that will make a difference. It's the increase in donations, ticket sales, and merchandise that will have the biggest impact.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!