• Oldbanduhalum
    Amazing what happens when you hit a good percentage of 3s. Fuller with a big 3 followed by a shot clock beating floater. Two biggest makes of the game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    My internet went down with about 15 minutes to go in the game. Looks like we went up by 15 but UCR cut in down to 5. Nothing is ever easy! Glad to hear about Fuller and Milling hitting clutch shots at crunch time. I thought our D was really good in the first half and I liked our ball movement on offense.

I like this team a lot. They play hard and you can tell they're a close team...very unselfish and very disciplined. When we shoot a decent percentage, we're a tough out.
  • DrMike
    those 2 shots might have saved the season; lose that and face a tough 3 games (2 on the road) and we were looking at a potential 1-7.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Weird that we’ve been better away from home this year.
  • movielover
    Tyler Les is biased.
  • DrMike
    good one!

I think the thing to remember with these broadcasts (basketball and football) is that we get the local voices, guys who see the home team play each week and who probably travel with them. Human nature is such that they are rooting for them a bit. All things considered, those guys did fine - did their homework (probably limited since UCR play by play can’t be a full time gig!), complimentary of our plays and seemed unbiased about calls (like the Fuller shot clock beater). Like Marsh, they call their guys by their first name and have more enthusiasm when they make a great shot or make a run. All in all, I’ve liked the commentary on these calls more than the occasional ones on PAC12 or ESPNU.
  • Toke69
    The commentary was fine and I can understand some bias. After all, they are generally broadcasting for the home team fans. They can speak favorably of certain players and talk about what they need to do to win. What I do not like is the active rooting for the home team on close calls and as the home team rallies. I find it unprofessional.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    As Dr Mike pointed out, this shot, along with the floater on the next possession, could be the biggest shots of the season so far. To be honest, I cringed when he took it. No no no…YES YES YES!

• BlueGoldAg
    Huge shot...love the confidence!
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!