• Toke69
    The Tigers will be looking to reverse their 57-63 loss at Davis when the Aggies travel to Stockton. UC Davis is 3-2 on the road with two impressing victories over Utah State and Oregon State (who are, ironically, playing each other in the Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl today) and two depressing losses to Sac State and Academy of Art. Which Aggie team will show up on Sunday? You can watch it on the WCC Sports Network: https://wccsports.com/watch/?id=6287433308001.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The first game was tight and expect this one will be the same. We got out to a big lead in the first game and then Pacific got hot in the second half and the game went down to the wire. It won't be easy to beat them again in Stockton but we've been playing pretty well lately so this game will probably go down to the wire also.
  • DrMike
    Tigers made a big run to start the 2nd half after we looked totally in control in the first. Pepper was a savior down the stretch. Bailey was a one man gang with 24 - I suspect Les will have a battle plan to slow him down. Keep the momentum after Oregon State!

Anyone else attending? Relatively short drive for me
  • DrMike
    UOP has lost 4 of last 5, starting with game vs us. Only win was in OT vs Santa Barbara.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We had wanted to go but daughter is flying in and family is coming over to see her so we’ll be streaming. Have fun!
  • DrMike
    6hdutgk9sqyc9obs.jpeg

2 minutes to game time; not a big home court advantage!
  • Toke69
    Watching on WCC Network. The place is practically empty!
  • eastbayaggie
    Nice domination so far! Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    24-11 at the 12;00 mark. Good shooting, solid defense. Good start
  • Toke69
    This is beginning to look the same as the previous game. Ags are beating the Tigers in every aspect of this game in the first half, now up 24-11
  • eastbayaggie
    It's annoying that the WCC Network immediately shows the UOP shooting highlight after UOP makes a shot. I can't watch what UCD is currently doing with the ball.
  • eastbayaggie
    The good thing is that UOP hasn't made many shots. Hence, not many highlights. :)
  • eastbayaggie
    41-21 at the half. Best half I've seen for the Ags this season.
  • DrMike
    41-21 at the half. Looking sharp on both ends. And Tigers look bad. Helps Bailey in foul trouble. Not many scorers out there for them
  • Toke69
    Bailey has yet to score. Aggies out-rebounding Pacific 16-7. Tigers look very sloppy.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think that may have been the best half of basketball the Ags have played this year!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags shot 63% and only had 4 TO's while holding Pacific to 32% shooting.
  • DrMike
    I’m sitting behind our behind. Fun to watch the defensive effort and communication. They are really building off the effort on that end.

I believe Ba is in a walking boot.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Not sure the Ags could play any better
  • Toke69
    Not sure whether Ags are this good or Pacific is just bad.
  • DrMike
    fuller just had a bank in 3; one of those days!
  • DrMike
    I like #1 on UOP; looks like a throwback to the 70’s NBA
  • Toke69
    It never got as close as it did in the first game, even though the final score makes it look a lot closer than it was. The Spanos arena never did get many fans. If the Tigers play as poorly as they have against us, I can see why not many of their students or alumni show up. Got another WCC team coming to Davis on Wednesday.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags shot 58% overall and 47% from 3 and our defense was outstanding in the first half but not quite as good in the second. The only negative stat that stands out are 16 TO's. All in all, this was a solid win for the Ags.

This was the 4th straight win for the Ags over the Tigers but I was shocked to hear that Pacific holds a 50-7 all time, home court record against the Aggies. I really like the UOP announcers one of whom is their former HC Bob Tomason. They are not homers and they had a lot of good things to say about the Ags during the game. I hope we continue to play the Tigers each year.
  • DrMike
    I was surprised at the TO number. I think 5-6 were offensive fouls, 3-4 on illegal picks. We got sloppy on that. Probably 3 or so in final couple minutes.

I really liked how we turned it on when it got to 13 on the 5 free throws (weak foul on 3 pointer, very weak T on bench coach). Small crowd hit some energy, their bench got excited…..and we ran it back out to 23 point lead.

Sitting low you with a small crowd
    , you get appreciation for our communication on defense (compared to them). Fuller is a real leader on that end and plays with a bit of an edge.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Great recognition for Ezra. As good as he is now, can you imagine what's yet to come?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    absolutely. He’s been able to get to the basket against most defenders, and now he is hitting the mid and long range jumper. That’s a wicked combination. Surround him with shooters and he’s a huge catalyst for a powerful offense.
  • Toke69
    Manjon really impressed the commentators at both Pacific and the Pac-12 guys doing the Oregon State game. The color guy for the Oregon State game was Eldridge Recasner who said that Ezra reminded him of himself, which is an immodest statement until you check and see that he was an all conference point guard for three years at Washington.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ezra's can ball fake one way and go the other as quickly as any player I can recall watching. I don't think he's quite as acrobatic as TJ Shorts at being able to finish with big defenders all over him but he may be a fraction quicker. His ball fake and spin to the other way is almost unbelievable...lightening quick. And, like you say, OBA, now that he's hitting those mid and long range jumpers...wow...tough match up for any defender!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!