• BlueGoldAg
    Gotta agree with DrMike, these ESPN games are a lot of fun and this one was right up there with the previous ones. Neither team could find a consistent rhythm on offense but I think the defenses were largely responsible for that. The Ags were not hitting their 3's though after torching the nets against CSUN just a couple day before.

I was impressed with the defenses of both teams. They made the offenses work hard to get a decent shot and a lot of the shots were difficult, contested shots. LB has small quick guards and they explode of the dribble making it really hard to stay in front of them.

Siler did have a tough game with few TO's but I wouldn't say he was "lazy" with the ball. Siler plays hard all the time and, like you said, he's fearless and it gets him in trouble at times. He'll lower his head and shoulders at times and drive the ball into trouble and, against the speed and quickness of the 49er guards, that didn't work. LB is a has caused problems for a lot of team with their press this year. They're good at it and Siler made the mistake of driving the ball into a trap on the baseline and they forced the TO.

I think Siler should be in the running for the Big West 6th Man of the Year. He has been coming off the bench and providing a big spark with his offense lately. He's got a few things to clean up but he gives you a 100% all the time and he's going to continue to grow and get better.
  • Zander
    In a down year for the conference, Aggies could have a case for sweeping the CoY, PoY, Newcomer, Hustle, and 6th Man awards with out it being hyperbole. I don't think that's actually what would happen of course but our players are playing the best basketball of their careers while everyone else is underperforming.

I expect Siler, Chima, and Brynton to get honored in some capacity and wouldn't be too surprised if Darius and Lawrence do as well. Chima seems to have all the PoY buzz and he could maybe cement it with double-doubles on Thurs and Sat. I think Newcomer of the Year is his for the taking if he doesn't get the top honor.

Also BGA I think I might have accidentally flagged your comment with an errant click. No idea what happens if I did. My bad if so.
  • aggie6thman
    Took care of it. @BlueGoldAg's post is back!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks 6th! I thought maybe the The Donald had flagged it as fake news! :-}
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!