• Jdur
    A move to FBS would just give us bigger programs across the board.. kinda wild to lose Hawaii so they can fly to freakin utep
  • Jackbacker2
    Hawaii leaving the Big West is a negative for Davis. In many of the Big West Sports the recruits are attracted to the usual twice a career trip to the Island. In some sports softball, volleyball, and women’s water polo the RPI of the conference will be diminished. In swimming the just reconstituted conference championships may fold without Hawaii. With Hawaii having to cover a chunk of the traveling Big West conference travel trip to the Island, to the tune of 1.8 million that could free up money for Hawaii. How much this one domino affects UCD is hard to say.
  • Toke69
    Hawai`i exiting the Big West is a negative for me since that has been my only chance to see the Aggies play live in men's basketball, even though I've only seen one victory.
  • Toke69
    The faculty NCAA rep for Hawaii is a friend of mine and he told me that the move is effective as of 2026, but the sports that the MWC does not have, e.g. women's volleyball, will stay with the Big West.
  • Jackbacker2
    Are you sure about volleyball, it might be women's waterpolo?
  • DrMike
    I think you are correct. There is a big controversy now with San Jose State's team with regard to them having a transgender player. Several MWC teams have chosen to forfeit their matches with the Spartans.
  • Toke69
    I stand corrected. It's women's beach volleyball plus men's volleyball, and men's swiming/diving as well as women's water polo. All staying in the Big West.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!