• 69aggie
    Has anyone ever heard of a hidden asset?
  • Riveraggie

He is listed as playing in 5 games.
  • movielover
    Does 5'8" Dobbins have speed?
  • Aggie Pride Podcast
    might be fastest dude on the team.
  • Riveraggie
    Not surprised but those are official stats kept by the NCAA or so I was told by David Collins when I exchanged emails with him 3 months ago about other incorrect participation stats.
  • Riveraggie
    Two players in our depth chart, Gbatu and Dobbins share a position on and played high school football in Temecula although at different schools. Dobbins transferred to Bosco to finish. I suspect they knew each other from high school.
  • DavisAggie
    Are we surprised, was he ever a real TE? How well can he block? Has he been cured of his dropped passes problem?
  • CA Forever
    Apparently from the Cal weekly presser (I didn't actually watch it, but according to fans over on the Cal forum) a starting QB still hasn't been named. That doesn't seem like a ringing endorsement of Mendoza as the incumbent starter if we're already to game week and the coaching staff isn't right out backing him as the starter. I guess we'll see.
  • Aggie Pride Podcast
    Cal Preview Episode is out with UC Davis Broadcaster, Scott Gordon. Lots of good tidbits for the game. We also get a chance to learn Scott's journey that lead him to his position as the main color analyst for the Ags. Enjoy. All three of us predict a closely contested game. Weather looks mild for this time of year with a high of 70.

Spotify Episode (Includes Video)

Apple Episode (Audio Only)

Aggie Pride Podcast Website
    kxew24hxdzpigh0k.png
  • blueforce
    lots of good Cal preseason/camp info here: https://writeforcalifornia.com/
  • Riveraggie
    The 105 Scholarship limit isn’t until next year.
    My opinion is that is a deplorable idea, it will result in another 20 scholarship players on rosters that don’t play, and increase the discrepancy between teams.
  • Aggie Pride Podcast
    Stacy Dobbins Senior Year Highlight Tape For those who want to see the speed of Stacy. He's going to be an impact player.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Cal's ability to be able to talk to one player on each side of the ball through helmet communication during the game will be a big advantage for the Bears IMO...as if they needed to have yet another advantage over us!
  • 69aggie
    Do all FBS teams do this in helmet communication thing? I guess it’s an added advantage if done carefully; but how do they make sure they are talking to the right player? Is micromanaging always a good thing? The next thing will be like the Michigan dude who stole opponents signals only with electronic countermeasures or radio jamming. Good grief! What is happening to good old American football?
  • SochorField
    Gameday question.......

What section is the official Aggie section? Usually its P, OO, O.......I'm assuming many of you guys have tix. What section are you guys in?
  • agalum

Tickets won’t be distributed until the tailgate from what i heard. I bought mine weeks ago and haven’t seen them yet.

Edit: here’s what the email said about ticket delivery:
    Delivery Method: Check In List
    Names will be on a list at event check-in. Please bring your
    confirmation email and photo ID.
  • CA Forever
    Another great episode guys! I'm hoping that we see a brand new Miles going into this season. Would love it if we came out of this game totally turnover free even if it ends up being a loss. I don't think that we'll win if I'm being perfectly honest, but I love that Brock is feeling it. I'm sure the team is fired the hell up to go get a W! GO AGS!
  • NCagalum
    Gale was quite impressive (to me at least) a couple of years ago with a couple big catches. He simply ran away from defensive backs forTDs. But he was lighter then. With added weight to bulk up to a more typical tight end weight, I would guess that might have slowed him down a bit. I kind of wonder if his contribution might have been better as a wide receiver (speed and a big frame) sort of like the Janke twins as SDSU.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Another 100% outstanding podcast with Scott Gordon! Every episode has simply been so interesting to listen to. I love that you take the time to delve into the life stories of the people you are interviewing so that your listeners have a chance to get know them a little on a personal level along with their football journey.

Scott Gordon is a real asset to Scott Marsh as the color/analyst. He's so knowledgeable about the game and so quick in his analysis after each play during the game. It makes the game so much more interesting for the fans. We're lucky to have him on the broadcast team.

I might add that Bob Williams does the same thing for the Men's Basketball broadcasts.
  • CA Forever
    Cal Game Notes

- QB is listed as Fernando Mendoza OR Chandler Rogers
    - Holy cow their offensive line is huge, defensive line is going to have their hands full
    - Transfer WR Tobias Merriweather listed as a starter. 6'5 and was ripping up their DBs in camp according to folks online
    - Teddye starting at ILB
  • Riveraggie
    Write for California lengthy preview of UC Davis offense.

https://writeforcalifornia.com/p/uc-davis-football-offense-2024

Good read.
  • BlueGoldAg
    That preview article is an outstanding, in-depth look at the Aggie offense. Well written with lots of videos. Lots of praise for Larison and rightfully so but, on the other side of the ball, I'm not sure how well we'll be able to slow down Jaydn Ott. He's a beast and the author of the article thinks he will be the #1 RB taken in the NFL draft.
  • movielover
    Excellent write up. How is it that Dan & Cody couldn't teach a 4-year QB to look to a 2nd and 3rd read (wide receiver)? That, no deep threat and predictable play calling explain a lot.

Maybe running tempo helps MH and the offense. Go Ags!
  • Riveraggie

I give some credence to the theory that Miles had something wrong with his arm, early last year.
    They brought in a QB coach from North Texas who had worked under the current Cal offensive line/offensive coordinator, in a different offense, so who knows what they were telling Miles to do.

Whether Miles suffered from the situation or just is too limited will soon be known, not by the outcome of this first game but before conference play. Plough appears to have put all his eggs in Miles basket. Let’s hope he was wise to do so.
  • Zander
    Write for California previews are best-in-class for our usual opponents IMO. Always enjoy reading them.

Notably in the conclusion of what’s supposed to be a UCD Offense write up, the author spends much of the time talking about how Davis will have trouble with the Bears offense. May be a case of just getting ahead of themselves, but I guess you could read it as an admission that it isn’t a sure thing that Cal will be able to outright stop LL, just that their path to victory is to outscore and control clock
  • Aggie Pride Podcast
    excellent story. Always alarming to see a “low” light cut up and this was the same seeing Miles. Pressure is on Plough, not Miles.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!