• CA Forever
    I always enjoy their podcast. I think their analysis of Davis is pretty spot on. Defense should be solid, offense outside of Lan has some question marks, and who knows how Plough will do having the keys to the kingdom for the first time in his career. Now they put UCD in the same tier as Sac State and Weber State with Idaho and the Montana schools being above. I'm not sold on Idaho being in that tier above. Eck is an awesome coach, but they had a massive amount of turnover in the transfer portal/grad/turning pro. I'm in a wait and see mode on Idaho.
  • NCagalum
    controlling the line of scrimmage, as always, is a big part of winning teams. It’s not sexy but just look at SDSU and NDSU - their dominance has in large part been due to line play.

Just got a couple tickets to the Montana game in Missoula. Not many left first hand - likely to be resale through 3rd part sites in the near future. Hope we don’t freeze to death at this night game on Nov. 9.
  • Riveraggie
    Laughable that one of their analysts says Davis might “sneak out” a win over Idaho, a team they’ve beaten last three games.
    Idaho has huge unknowns due to their player losses, whose quality far exceeds the guys they added.
  • CA Forever
    Yeah I mean, I expect some bias with it being an Idaho podcast but, I think they are underplaying how much they lost on offense. Starting QB, RB, and almost all of their receiving production. Hard to imagine there isn't going to be some drop off.
  • Riveraggie
    Hayden Hatten was phenomenal. He was their Doss. If they are like this board they’ll be missing him 6 years from now.
    They lost a lot on defense too including a first team all FCS corner.
  • CA Forever
    By receiving yards they lost their top 3 guys, not just Hatten. I'm by no means counting Idaho out. A good coach can get a depleted team playing well, but I would be hard pressed to say for sure they are currently in the elite bracket of the Big Sky with what they lost.
  • Riveraggie
    My thought exactly. They may indeed be the third best team but I wouldn’t bet on it. They have too much turnover to make that prediction. And how much weight do you put on the fact your QB looked good in two games?

Idaho is the first upper tier FCS school on Davis’ schedule. Idaho will most likely be 1-3 when they come to Davis, because of their tough schedule and Davis will not have a signature win against an FCS opponent; it is a must win for both teams.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Day - 13 Defensive Coordinator, Matt Coombs and DB Lamont Shamburger:

• NCagalum
    I think Idaho will be 2-2 coming into the game with UCD. Albany loses their QB that made the difference in their game with Idaho last year and I believe the receiver that burned Idaho. I also think they will handle Adeline Christian. In any case a big game for both teams.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Day 14 - HC Tim Plough:

• agalum
    Under Gould, our team was not prepared for competition coming out of camp. We would lose the first 4 games or so every year. Hawk’s teams were better prepared coming out of camp. I like how Plough has weekly updates, and from everything i can ascertain, it looks like our guys will be ready to rumble 8/31. Looking forward to attending the football preview tonight.
  • CA Forever
    To be totally fair... under Gould we started slow the first 4 games of the season and also started slow in the last 7 games of the season.
  • Riveraggie
    They posted a linebacker preview, but with only the inside linebacker coach talking about inside linebackers mostly but thats hard to determine as some of the linebackers play inside or outside. The text talks abot both inside and outside linebackers.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2024/8/16/football-2024-aggie-positional-preview-linebackers.aspx
  • CA Forever
    Welcome to Shredville - Part 3

• AggieFinn
    Love the preseason coverage. Much needed!
  • CA Forever
    Me too. Seems like there has been quite the culture change with Plough coming in.
  • Riveraggie
    So who are our starting linebackers? Anyone want to take a guess?
    We have three about half the time and when they play 4 they add a 'rush' backer.
  • agalum
    I attended the football preview last night in the Bruce Edwards facility. The entire culture that Plough has built is impressive, but I was particularly impressed with Paul Shelton, the new OC. Aside from his development of the offense, he’s a dynamic speaker and is able to bring excitement to our upcoming season. We’re going to see a brand of Aggie football that most of us have not seen.
  • CA Forever
    would to love to hear any other interesting tidbits if you have them
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm feeling really good about this season!
  • movielover
    A rookie OC is going to fire up Shredville?
  • agalum

Well, Plough brought him in from Tennessee where he was head coach for a HS team. Hawk brought him in also, where he worked with Plough. Both coaches must think highly of him. All i can say is that he was very impressive with explaining our offense and as i said earlier a very dynamic speaker. But Plough is still directing traffic.
  • Aggie Pride Podcast
    Starting LB’s will be shared during this week’s podcast release. Both are players to watch this year according to our interview with Zach Kennedy.
  • Riveraggie
    When you say both do you mean two in addition to Porter Connors? I think Porter is going to start but not with high confidence that he is.
  • SochorField
    Been away for a while ....but if we are still talking QB1....
    A QB who knows what to do and when to do it on every play is taken for granted by fans. Don't have to be the most physically gifted guy in the conference (or even on your roster) to be a great QB for your team. Hastings has to be the guy.
  • movielover
    John Canzano newsletter: "HEAT CHECK: Cal’s football team is spending the early part of this week practicing in the heat. The Bears are holding their Monday-Tuesday practices at Jesuit High School in the Sacramento suburbs.

"Cal plays road games at Auburn (Sept. 7) and Florida State (Sept. 21). It’s trying to get some warm-weather work that it can’t get in Berkeley. The expected high temperature in the Sacramento area on Tuesday is 93 degrees."
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!