• Riveraggie
    Considering that Cody Hawkins is QB coach as well as offensive coordinator, and we’re picking a new QB, I think his plate is full. He will put his own spin on play calling, but most importantly, coaching the QBs. I think he’s well qualified for that.
  • movielover
    Suani & Duncan out? Ouch. I was also looking forward to seeing Sean Harlston play.

FWIW, Trever Facey has huge forearms.
  • Riveraggie

Can’t tell if they’re out or beat out, Though one would think a guy nearing the top ten in career tackles would be listed on the depth chart, but who knows?
  • CA Forever
    Maybe they opted out due to covid concerns? With a new DC though I think that he would have an objective outlook on picking starters. He didn't necessarily have any specific loyalties to the previous starters.
  • Riveraggie
    Both are still on the rosters I assume they didn’t quit or take a leave due to COVID. Just not on the depth chart.
    Maybe means nothing.
  • DrMike
    I’m leaning to the ‘means nothing’ side. I like how the ‘or’ lists are all alphabetical. Jim Zorn would never have started at QB for us!
  • Riveraggie
    I wonder to what extent players are tied to the listed positions. I hope that means nothing too.
  • agalum
    Was just looking at flights from SMF to Moscow or nearby. That’s a tough place to get to unless you're on a charter. If the price was right i would entertain the idea, but it looks like it will be a watch party with my wife and the canines, lol.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    my son goes to wsu which is about 10 miles from Moscow. SWA has a few direct flights to Spokane then about 1 1/2 hr drive to Moscow. Or fly to SeaTac then Alaska air to Pullman airport. That’s dicey this time of year.
  • DrMike
    Have you looked at flights to Tulsa? Another challenging place to get to!
  • Gunrock47
    I think the QB battle (6 total) is between Rodrigues (formerly injured) and Faulk. Almost none of them have ever played in an NCAA game. Those two have limited reps.
  • Riveraggie
    i have an impression partly based on the low publicity approach to this season that they are viewing this as a developmental time, hence all the freshmen on the depth chart. I think they’ll pick whoever has the most potential.with an eye to the fall. Having played a couple of quarters won’t be a significant factor.
  • agalum

I’ve actually flown direct into Pullman in the summer. It’s about a 4 hour flight for me from Davis, but as you mention, this time of the year can be dicey, especially for small planes.
  • DrMike
    I had heard Hastings and Rodrigues were the two front runners but that was coming out of last spring (which seems like years ago)
  • agalum
    https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/03/uc-davis-vs-idaho-prediction-game-preview-fcs-spring-football

“What’s Going To Happen

The Aggies have the talent and upside to be as strong as they were in 2018, and Idaho is still a bit of a question mark even after the great first win over Eastern Washington. It’s going to be an even game that comes down to mistakes, and UC Davis will make a few more of them on the road.”
  • Riveraggie
    If they really are waiting until game day to decide who to start, that implies that they have equally prepared two or more quarterbacks to play with the first team. If so, might as well play them both.

I’m not sure how to find the game on Pluto, I watched the Idaho Eastern game on Pluto via a Big Sky link but never found it in the Pluto menu, teams no longer have their own Pluto channel in the listing. Therefor had to watch game on IPad instead of TV
  • SloStang
    Pluto channels for the Big Sky football games this year are in low 1000’s. Last weeks games I believe were on 1058, 1060 and 1061. They still have a Big Sky channel 752, but as far as I can tell it is where they show replays of games.
  • NCagalum
    Riveraggie, look for “live sports” that will get you to the section that the live big sky games will be on. As SloStang said, the “old channels” are showing replays. Saying that I think o will check to see if they have spooled up any games from this spring to date as I think I will miss at least part of not all of some games as live.
  • DrMike
    I think if you use the link from the schedule it will take you directly there. Pluto isn’t the easiest to navigate. Drives me nuts you can’t look ahead more than a few hours
  • TatCChris
    Hey yall! wanted to say best of Luck Tomorrow!

If looking for some content to get you jacked up for this game check us out at Tubs At The Club (Idaho Vandals) We have a podcast you can find like everywhere they are including youtube (thanks to the guy who tuned in live on tuesday saw it on this thread a page back)

We also just dropped our preview piece:https://tubsattheclub.com/2021/03/04/big-damm-preview-game-2-uc-davis-vs-19-idaho-3-6-21/

Also KTIK the Boise ESPN station had Coach Hawkins on their show Wednesday. can also find in podcast form. search ktik the ticket or Prater and the Ballgame!

Best of Luck tomorrow. I'm going 28-24 Vandies
  • CA Forever
    Welcome and good luck to you guys as well. A lot of unknowns for us starting this season, but if our QB looks competent I think it'll be a good game. We have a lot of depth at WR, Gilliam is a beast out of the backfield, and we return several starters on the line. Defense is also an unknown as we have a new DC, but Hawkins has raved about our depth on that side of the ball. I imagine that LB Nick Eaton and DB Devon King will still be some of the cornerstones of the defense, but we did get some DL transfers and a couple of NT freshman that are 350 pounders.
  • agalum
    Sounds like the Vandals have a stud punter. 50 yard average last week, with a long of 61. Apparently he was able to switch the field to the Vandals advantage.
  • CA Forever
    Good thing we have a punter that's not half bad as well.
  • Riveraggie
    Correct me if I’m wrong. We return the entire starting offense except for tight end and Quarterback. And we get three guys who stared for us at wide receiver back from injury. One weakness we had was depth at running back and we’ve added depth there.
  • CA Forever
    You are correct. If whoever plays QB looks serviceable the offense should be at the very least decent if not good. We lose Preece at TE but we have Thrope and brought in Castles. WR is loaded with capable guys. Gilliam is a monster, but having more options for relief is always a good thing. I'm still very curious to see what Coombs has done with the defense.
  • Riveraggie
    I expect the QB chosen to be more than serviceable, based on our history. Not only do we have a school history of good quarterbacks, but in Hawkin’s first year he took over late in recruiting season and aggressively sought out and added Maier. They could have talked a transfer into coming here with all the returning offensive talent. The fact that we haven’t brought in anyone implies they’re comfortable with the guys they have.
  • CA Forever
    I'm hoping for more than serviceable too, I'm just saying the offense should still work with play that's just okay. I'll always be rooting for them to play lights out though.
  • movielover
    I'm guessing much more mobile, which adds lots of options.
  • Riveraggie
    I knew you had higher hopes. I take tour point that the quarter back should just play a solid game and we’ll be good
    It will be interesting. We have guys who’ve put up big numbers and seem to be really competitive, and they’ve had time to learn the system.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!