• agalum
    g522tekrk879z8f8.png

It looks like we need to be in tier 3 before fans can be in the stands. I would assume this is going to apply to viewing from from the perimeter of the stadium as well. And visitors need to be in that 120 mile radius. I suspect most players parents will not fall in that category.
  • movielover
    Watch parties of under 12?
  • AggieFinn
    Is radio going to call play by play, I guess that's another question.
  • Riveraggie
    Does limiting regional viewers to 120 miles make any sense at all in a global pandemic that’s been widespread everywhere for 12 months?!

I assume we’ll be able to view live stream via Pluto again this year, right?
    It would be great if they would use the local team announcers on the audio for home games. Just simulcast the radio play by play. Sometimes I like the out of town announcers but it’s a rare thing.
  • fugawe09
    Several models of Fitbits are able to measure SpO2 levels. Fitbit has been moving more and more towards monitoring health metrics along with tracking activity levelsBlueGoldAg
    Fitbit is now owned by Google, so they are into tracking any potentially saleable piece of information they can about you. They must have an advertising customer wanting to know your O2 levels :chin:

The campus has a no visitors policy for dorm areas and requires any visitor to campus to fill out a COVID questionnaire. Students and employees are mandated to participate in testing, visitors are encourage to test. I don't know how well they are enforcing the questionnaire on casual walkers or bikers through campus. What I get though from it though is that visitors without a compelling reason are just not wanted right now. Partly to prevent spread of disease, but also partly to enforce order around their public health efforts. The University has tools to discipline students and employees for breaking COVID policies. It's harder to discipline unaffiliated visitors for unwanted behavior that does not rise to the level of being illegal and warranting trespass from public property. I wouldn't bank on spectators, though if that becomes an option later in the season, maybe students and staff get first crack since they are already in the testing/surveillance bubble.

I hope there is a good online audio/video feed. I live far outside KHTK's terrestrial range. For streaming, regardless of provider, Aggie Stadium has far more technical problems than the other schools in Big Sky. Somebody should be checking the upload bandwidth of their modem.
  • agalum
    I’ll put this here:
    https://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/aggies-bolster-football-staff-with-receivers-coach-from-suu/?fbclid=IwAR0DIbg345kRM8JbFBVFOeaDDHp-1BWXmYuhY5zrpW50rgx6vxZXyRhlfRg

“Anthony Arceneaux, a former receiver at Utah and most recently a member of the Southern Utah staff under Aggie alum Demario Warren, has joined the UC Davis football staff.”
  • Riveraggie
    Arceneaux seems to fill a need. We’ve got a bunch of young wide receivers and it will help that he played the position with some success.
    I wonder why he left Southern Utah? He was special teams coordinator and coached tight ends and “inside receivers”.
  • agalum

I really don’t know. I didn't even know who he was until i saw the article. Hawk must have confidence in him to bring him onboard.
  • DrMike
    basketball games are on radio, so I’m assuming football will also
  • AggieFinn
    So, if all this timing is correct, we've had a missed season, a partial "off-season", lose our OL Coach and our OC to Boise, and will be playing Cal Poly about 1 month thereafter. Oh, and no fans, strict COVID protocols that will leave teams without key players week-to-week. No wonder teams are not participating in this spring season. Makes you want to just wait for vaccine rounds to hit the mainstream then see about a proper fall season.

Based on this, we still don't have an OL Coach replacement.
  • Riveraggie
    The news on Arceneaux hiring said “ Michael Cody, who returns to the offensive line after previously being announced as the receivers coach.” So he is thee offensive line coach, and he worked with the OL in the Fall.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like we will be in local tv for the home games!

• DrMike
    I’ll have to plan some trips to my cabin so I can get 31. Hopefully the goof balls from good morning Sacramento aren’t part of the broadcast!
  • MTBAggie
    Do you know if the games will still be streamed online?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    that’s a good question. I assume it will be streamed somewhere, probably on Pluto, but we’ll see as it gets closer
  • AggieFinn
    Got it, thanks for that, alright good.
  • movielover
    Watching the Yellowstone series on Peacock during Covid lockdown.

One of the story lines has a liberal female character teaching American & Native American history at either Montana or Montana State.

Beautiful country, if its Montana.
  • DrMike
    If I understood the TV promo, we are still practicing with a split squad. Not ideal for preparing for a real game
  • Zander
    Really hope it's streamed somewhere, my Hulu subscription doesn't have it and my little desktop antenna just isn't cut out for--well--the thing it was designed to do.

Normally I would just make this an excuse to go to a sports bar and ask for the game, but, well, I don't see that in my future this spring
  • agalum

You should be able to stream from the 31 broadcast if you’re not in the Sacramento region:
    https://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/5267764-uc-davis-football-is-back-and-on-cw31/

But it might be worthwhile to drop them a note and grease the wheels .
  • Zander
    I probably will, that feels like a missing gap in the information still
  • Zander
    Actually never mind, Hulu does have it, it's just filed under the "T" section because "The CW" instead of the "C" channels.

I'm not sure if I should feel stupid or not over this
  • agalum

I screwed around for 30 minutes the other day trying to get my espn3 stream working only to discover the game was on big sky tv, lol.
  • 69aggie
    I need a little info: do all players get another year of eligibility because of the Covid thing?
  • 72Aggie

"Watching the Yellowstone series on Peacock during Covid lockdown.

One of the story lines has a liberal female character teaching American & Native American history at either Montana or Montana State.

Beautiful country, if its Montana."

I googled something like where is "Yellowstone" filmed? Lot of entries, but a lot of it has been filmed in Utah. The fictitious "Dutton" Ranch is filmed at the "Chief Joseph Ranch" which is actually in Montana. Something I rolled by suggested that future filiming will concentrate in Montana itself.
  • movielover
    Apparently, Utah has some good sound stages. ... The John Dutton ranch - Yellowstone - was filmed at the Chief Joseph Ranch in Darby, Montana.

Montana or Montana State got alleged campus airplay, though that could have been filmed at a college in Ogden, Utah?
  • 72Aggie
    We are wandering farther astray from Big Sky football, but film locations have to do with a lot of things far removed from authenticity. The series Longmire, about a sherriff in a fictional county in Wyoming, (a good series for people who like Yellowstone,) was filmed in New Mexico.

The movie about a high school girl in Sacramento, Lady Bird, did a lot of filming in Sacramento, but also did a lot in the LA area. The writer, director, etc. for the movie grew up in Sacramento, and did the movie as sort of an homage to her childhood and her hometown, but in an interview said she filmed in LA because of economic reasons, including grants and other incentives that were better in Los Angeles.
  • NCagalum
    So, if all this timing is correct, we've had a missed season, a partial "off-season", lose our OL Coach and our OC to Boise, and will be playing Cal Poly about 1 month thereafter. Oh, and no fans, strict COVID protocols that will leave teams without key players week-to-week. No wonder teams are not participating in this spring season. Makes you want to just wait for vaccine rounds to hit the mainstream then see about a proper fall season.

My sentiments exactly.....
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!