• BlueGoldAg
    Every bit as good and in some ways better.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    The Grad has it listed, if you're in the area.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks, that might be the ticket if I can make it over to Davis tomorrow.
  • agalum
    BTN is on Directv channel 610. I just tuned in and got it so it must be part of my subscription. You should also be able to tune in with kodi on an android box if u dont want to pay.
  • BlueGoldAg
    BTN is not the same as the BTN+. I get the regular BTN Channel and the game is not scheduled to be aired on it. Softball is being televised at 11 a.m. BTN+ is an online streaming service that covers a wide variety of Big 10 sports that are not televised on their regular TV BTN Channel.

The only way to watch the game is to pay for it on BTN+ or go to The Grad. I'm not sure if their are any other watch parties in Davis.
  • agalum
    well heck. Thanks for the clarification.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I know it's a bummer. I went ahead and bit the bullet and paid $9.95 for a one month subscription to BTN+. Having been born and raised in Indiana, this is a game I just have to watch. Normally, I pull for the Hoosiers but today, as always, I'm an Aggie supporter!

I think it's worth the ten bucks to see this game. It has such historic significance for the team and is being played in one of the iconic arenas in all of college basketball. Shoot, if I'd have known this was going to happen, my wife and I just might have hopped on a plane and headed for Indiana to see the game and visit family as well.

If you, or anyone, decides to pony up for a one month subscription to BTN+ make sure that you select Indiana from the drop down list in the upper right hand corner of the subscription page and then select the monthly subscription. You can also deselect the auto monthly renewal before paying, but I would go back to the BTN+ website and double check before the one month subscription is due to expire just to make sure that you are not going to be billed automatically for another month.
  • aggie6thman
    Assembly Hall is a great place to play. Huge arena but when you are shooting it doesn’t feel like. Got to play there once and it was a blast.
  • BlueGoldAg
    What a great experience! It's kind of uncanny that it so big but looks much smaller. I think that's because it's so steep on the sides and the seats come down so close to the edge of the edge of the sidelines. The fans are practically on top of the players. It looks small and cramped when you see it on tv yet it seats 17,222.

Unfortunately, I've never been to a game there. It's always sold out and resale tickets cost a small fortune. My sister is an IU grad and she has kept me up to date over the years. My mother and father were IU grads also but that was way before Assembly Hall was built in 1971.
  • aggie6thman
    You would think it is a cracker box on tv. Nope. Like you said, the sides seem to go on forever!

If we can keep that small gym feeling and get hot we have a good chance at beating another P5 conference team on the road.
  • BlueGoldAg
    If the Ags play like they did against K State we can win this game. Indiana does not have the size that K State had but they will bring quickness, good shooting and smart play to the game. The Ags will need to continue to knock down their outside shots and stretch the Hoosier defense. If we come out and play aggressively from the start especially on defense, take care of the ball and shoot a good percentage, we can pull the upset.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    10-9 Aggies with 5 minutes to go in the first quarter. The Ags started well but have now turned the ball over on 3 straight possessions. Playing before a packed house in Assembly Hall.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags down 23-15 at the end of the first quarter. The Aggies will have to really turn it around and soon or the Hoosiers are going to run them out of the building. Indiana is clearly playing better basketball at the moment.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags continue to turn the ball over and are now down 28 to 15. This game is getting ugly for the Ags quickly.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags will need a miracle to have a chance in this one as they trail by 20 at the half 47-27. The Ags look like they're tired and out of gas.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Rough half. We don’t look very aggressive and are making some bad passes. Travel is catching up with them. And Indiana is a very good team
  • BlueGoldAg
    Rachel Nagel comes out on fire in the second half and drains several 3's and the Ags creep to within 9. I think the team realizes they need to just go for it and leave everything on the court.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags whittle the lead a bit and trail 62-49 going into the final 10 minutes.
  • Kerberos
    62-49 end of 3rd
  • BlueGoldAg
    Oops my typo...fixed it...
  • movielover
    I like the KDVS announcer.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The great run ends as the Ags fall to a very good Indiana team 74-59. The Aggies pulled to within 9 in the 3rd quarter but the 20 point hole they got into in the first half was too much to overcome against a team as fundamentally sound as the Hoosiers.
  • aggie08
    Excellent season. Props to the ladies, all the best to the seniors and lots to look forward to in the future!
  • 69aggie
    Yes, great run. No excuse but I don’t think that 9.5 hour bus rides helped. They could have flown but at $400 per person not feasible. I will sorely miss Marley, Rachel, Dani, & Pele as they are great players and persons. Glad to have Morgan and the Eatons back for one more seasons as well.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Proud of this team and what they accomplished this year. Hope the program continues to build.
  • movielover
    What? We couldn't find $8,000 to fly them there??? Bad call.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope we can continue to build the program also. We lose a lot with the Splash Sisters all graduating. The returning Aggies got a lot of quality post-season exposure in the past two years and playing against the Hoosiers today in the front of a huge crowd gave them a taste of what it will take to become competitive with the best women's programs.
  • 72Aggie
    Indiana is on a roll. This is the closest anyone has come to them in the WNIT.
  • aggies07
    400 dollars per person is not feasible? So the AD doesn't budget anything for post season travel? (or they expect the team will be one and done?) 400 dollars per person is not expensive, and these ladies have been fighting against all odds to get into the elite 8 of WNIT.
    This should not be a surprise to everyone who has been fans of UCD as our program is still not going full D1 speed at the moment. It will not be a shock if the men team will need to take a bus ride to LSU if they beat Utah in the first round.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was impressed with how fundamentally sound Indiana is. They played excellent defense and made it tough on Morgan and their two top players, Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill, had 30 and 24 points respectively whereas they were able to limit Morgan to 13 points on just 5 of 13 from the field.

The Hoosiers also beat us in the paint 36-18 as Buss was able to consistently score off the dribble-drive into the lane and we struggled to score off penetration. I think Indiana's game plan was to take away the interior and make us try and beat them from distance even though we are a good 3 point shooting team. Unfortunately for us, not enough 3's fell, 12 of 30, to make up for the disparity in the paint.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!