• SoCalAggie
    Canty is back for UCSB. Why can’t we we reinstate Chima!!!!
  • SoCalAggie
    Wow this cal poly game is ugly...
  • DrMike
    Looks like the poly team we beat at home
  • DrMike
    and he starts! Looks like he was ineligible the last 20 games last year. I had hoped Moneke’s status as a good student would work in his favor. Apparently canty’s past didn’t effect him being back for BWT.
  • SoCalAggie
    at this point I’m actually disappointed in Davis. I think they’ve handled this very poorly. I’ve tweeted at May & Blue hoping for some sort of update. I feel like a month has to be enough of a punishment at this point. If it’s not, just be upfront and say his career as an Aggie is done.

Also I haven’t had a response for May or Blue. They are on Twitter all the time. I’m sorry, our program isn’t big enough where they are being bombarded with tweets. Like respond already...

Just so you all know. Chima is equally in the dark as we are...
  • movielover
    We have no idea what they are dealing with or investigating.
  • Zander
    I have to disagree, I think it was a messy situation with no good options for the school.

First, when it comes to announcements there are very strict laws regarding student privacy. And they can't necessarily cut corners with the procedural side of things just because a player is a basketball star.

Second, they (the university investigator) owe it to Chima to perform due diligence before issuing a decision that could seriously impact his education, or insinuate something unsubstantiated that can hurt his potential pro career.

Third, UCD Athletics has a lot of detractors in the Academic Senate and community who don't want to see us go down the "Big Sports" route. A high-profile player getting accused of something serious fans the flames of criticism. Best to leave no stone unturned and make sure to take time to do it right, while also not drawing attention to the investigation before it's complete.

Fourth, it's good to not know his status. It makes the team harder to prep for; I think I even read that one recent opponent (Irvine?) explicitly had to prepare two gameplans for Chima-team vs No-Chima-team. It sucks for us, the fans, but frankly we're not in the need-to-know.
  • SoCalAggie
    Sorry, I realize I wasn't clear with what I was saying. I wasn't referring to how they are handling the situation from the investigation point of view. We don't know what happened and I completely agree with your points above (both Zander & movielover). I was simply referring to any sort of update from an announcement/update perspective.

I almost wish we had some form of vague statement referring to the investigation is still going on, blah blah blah.I hope they are actually still investigating here. While it's just my opinion, I'm taking the complete silence as "if we don't talk about it, maybe it will just go away..."

Zander - great points though and I hope you're right!
  • aggies07
    I don't think May/Blue will do anything which will potentially cost their job. Like what Zander said, teams need to prepare for both situations and may works in our favor. Moreover, when was the last time administration communicating/providing update to fans? Fans/Alumni will keep putting money in season tix regardless and any type of request without money on the table falls into deaf ears. I hope everyone just need to focus on the team other than Chima now as Chima is done in Aggies uniform.
  • movielover
    Fullerton, 6:30, online - ESPN3.
  • DrMike
    The difference between the early season play of Mooney, Michael O and Goode and now is like night and day. Especially Joe and Garrison. John looked like a player but now he’s moving so much more smoothly. Really impressed with the growth of this team and excited about next year
  • SoCalAggie
    couldn’t agree more. Those guys are key with taking pressure off of shorts and siler.
  • DrMike
    When John shoots it always looks like it has a great chance of going in. Mooney’s ball rotates like a slider, and I never think it’s going in. Glad he’s proving me wrong. Now he’s getting to the hoop for that short jumper and that’s a nice addition to his game
  • Oldbanduhalum
    One key today is to stay out of foul trouble. Csuf drives a lot so we need to pressure without reaching
  • Toke69
    Zander, Thanks. I can watch the game on ESPNU out here at 9:00 Hawaii time.
  • lucche
    Dr. Mike, The ball rotation on Mooney's shots are a lot like mine, and I was a great shooter. The back spin rotation is deceiving because of the ball seams. The ball is actually spinning almost directly vertical to the basket. When I see this, I know the trajectory to the basket is pretty much right in line with the target. The only question is, is it too hard or too soft or just right. A shooter is usually just right. I use to have nicknames from high school buddies as to my accuracy. Early on they called me gunner, but when they realized they were falling in at about 65-75% that term stopped. And, I had nicknames relating to my accuracy. I usually shot from NBA distance as people wouldn't guard people that far out. When they did come out, I just moved farther out. I remember a pick up game in which we were winning all the time and we ended up playing the varsity team at UCD. They said we were on the court too long. So, they had winners next game. My friend Kelly MacWilliams told Mark Ford he would be guarding me. I sort of look like a physics geek with the black military style glasses (a la Rambis), and Kelly told Mark just stay near him and he won't shoot. Mark told me to take a 25' shot, I did. I came down again, and did it again from about 27' and that was the only 2 baskets we scored lost 21-2. Our tallest player was 6'1" against Dave Bailey, Kelly Mac, Mark Ford, and I forget who the others were. But, we had no one close to their size a total blowout.
  • agalum
    Well, whoever is posting athletic info on FB has us playing Cal tonight!
    A88D7027-225F-41B1-B784-CB66B0409B88.jpeg
    Attachment
    A88D7027-225F-41B1-B784-CB66B0409B88 (239K)
  • movielover
    Not super techie here.

Is there a way to access the video stream on Comcast or youtube?
  • aggies07
    just use your Comcast login to WatchESPN app
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Goode and John both with 2 fouls early. John picked his up in less than a minute. 11-8 Titans with 11:14 left.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Allman just picked up his 2nd for Fullerton. Huge.
  • agalum
    Keep the updates coming, sitting in a restaurant without espn3 :(
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Mooney with a long 3, 11 all
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Siler is still struggling
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Defensive rebounding is legit but cannot buy a bucket.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    17-13 Titans at the under-8, Ags with the ball after the break.
  • movielover
    On TV or smartphone? Thanks!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Onyebalu with 2 FTs, then the Ags with a steal and a layup and it’s tied at 17
  • ucdavisaggie05
    22-19 Ags, Goode back in with 4:04 left. Offensive foul on Onyebalu and it’s the under-4:00.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!