• AggieFinn
    PSU is good, we're in for a fast, physical game. Dad and I were talking last night, PSU could be the class of the Big Sky this year. Weber looking strong too.
  • Bige70
    PSU shredded Oregon state. This is a true test for our defense. Fingers crossed they are up for it.
  • lucche
    PSU likes to run the ball. We need to force them to pass, and get a little pressure on the QB when they do pass. The Torero QB had pretty much all day last week.
  • agalum
    game is viewable on something called Pluto TV; there's a free App

Dr. Mike,
    The game is televised on directv channel 623 starting at 2. Not sure on the channel for cable or dish.
  • movielover
    Bob Dunning has the Aggies winning by 3.
  • CA Forever
    Most of the prediction sites have it as a pretty close game from what I have seen. Most of the them have PSU by 4-6 points. Idk, I want to be positive about this game, but we have just always seemed to struggle against the Vikings and they look like a really solid team. Keys to the game will be shutting down the run and containing Eason within the pocket. If we can force them to throw the ball I think our chances improve. We also are going to have to find a way to crack their defense. Their secondary is a strength and we are pass happy so one of those 2 things are going to have to break.
  • movielover
    They also have a scary coverage team allowing -5 yards per return?
  • PortlandAggie
    I want a little of what Bobby is smoking :D
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think a little bit of the "homer" bias got to Bob but I hope he's right!
  • The Big Easy
    One intangible of this game that their coach mentioned that I was going to bring up on this site is the speed of the game. The game speed is going to slow down for PSU (two prior FBS opponents) but speed up for UCD (Small FCS last opponent). May take us bit to get acclimated to the faster players and decision making especially for our QB reading the defense to make throws.

I took a quick look at the PSU roster and saw alot of 6'1 CBs!
  • CA Forever
    Luckily we do have SDSU under our belt for that. They had size, speed, and great athleticism. Let them think the speed is going to decrease and then burn em.
  • The Big Easy
    The SDSU was a game I expected us to lose...the USD game we should've won.

I'm going to reset for this match up (0-0 for the season) as a test to calibrate where we are at this juncture and what to expect for the next 5 games.

Tomorrow 2pm...Here we go!
  • Russ Bowlus
    "One of my fondest memories was standing in the end-zone in Missoula feeling a little intimidated until he Band-uh unexpectedly came marching down the tunnel to join us on the field. "

Speaking as the guy in front of the band when we did that, watching you guys go nuts when we started down the tunnel was pretty cool, too. :)
  • movielover
    You never know, maybe Mr. Dunning drove up early and stopped off in Humboldt for a sleepover. 8-)

But he does have decades of Aggie football under his belt.
  • NCagalum

After watching North Dakota, I think there are the team to beat. They have a good QB and are well coached. Overall I would say the Big Sky is down this year. I predict that the ags will do much better and think they could be 3rd or 4th Weber and Portland state look good too, but really no others have impressed, and a few are just awful ( like sac state)
  • movielover
    Tomorrow will give us a much better idea.

I'd feel better if we still had Luuga or Kelly. ... and I don't for a minute believe the UCLA RB coach ignored his calls for 3 months. A top FCS RB with 2 years eligibility left?
  • The Big Easy
    Actually it's easy to believe. Nothing against Kelly (he made the roster) but UCLA has 6-7 RBs some of which are 5,4 and 3 star athletes, played in the Under Armour High School All-Star game, All-America selection, All-State and more.

I'm glad Kelly persisted if that level of committment was required to get a try out. It shows he is a determined young man and that quality will spill over in everyday life beyond football.

BTW, I know Brentwood is a lot more fun that Davis! :)
  • movielover
    I was surprised when I went there after Davis... lots of restaurants and girly shopping. Didn't see many hangouts in the heart of Brentwood, seemed overrated ... but the Westside was fun, Mom's ... I only went to The Fox Inn once ... but to watch a senior citizen slam 2 beers in under 2 seconds was amazing... drank a beer while on his head... I had to see him slam 10, 12, 16 beers... and he never went to the head!

I see he became a Legend on Jimmy Kimmel. Sad to hear he passed away early.

https://youtu.be/d-XgsgTI_Lw
  • CA Forever
    Gameday! Go Ags!
  • AggieFinn
    It's FOOTBALL TIME in PDX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bige70
    @Russ Bowlus. I didn't know we shared that experience! It was truly awesome. Would've been better if we won, but still, I can tell you our team viewed the Band-uh as part of the team and a real boost home and away. Including very far away
    TX, CT).

Let's get it done today Ags!
  • CA Forever
    Aggies going with the white jerseys and pants this game.

https://twitter.com/UCD_Equipment/status/909100611064360960
  • Zander
    I like the balance they're striking with calling back to the classic look and still keeping it fresh.

I wouldn't even mind seeing the blue helmets again for some away game or even maybe once at home ("blue out" game maybe?). And of course gotta bring back the gold pants at least for Homecoming and the rivalry games.
  • CA Forever
    I like variety, but I gotta admit that my favorite combo is still the gold helmets, blue jerseys, and gold pants. The team really seems to like the blue pants though.
  • The Big Easy
    LOL @ ... but to watch a senior citizen slam 2 beers in under 2 seconds was amazing...
  • movielover
    I saw him challenge a college student to a chug off... his mug was on the piano, empty, before the kid took 2 gulps! ..

He sings some bawdy songs on youtube...
  • CA Forever
    Alright game getting ready to start pretty soon! GO AGS!
  • agalum
    Lets get ready to rumble! Ags by 6.
  • quadshock
    Let's go!!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!