• Goags20172
    News surrounding the baseball program is always pretty elusive, but it''s been particularly quiet this year. I did, however, locate news of a JC transfer with an interesting background. According to the Twitter site for Cabrillo College pitcher Alex Trautner will be joining the Aggies next season.

What''s remarkable about Trautner is that he is ambidextrous. He was (5-6) 4.54 for Cabrillo this year (according to cccbca.com) as a redshirt freshman starting pitcher. He redshirted at Creighton, the alma mater of famous switch pitcher Pat Venditte. Venditte has apparently been giving him advice.

This is a good add for the Aggie program. The rotation certainly lacks experience and depth going into next season. Though the record this year wasn't pretty it''s pretty decent for a freshman who sat out a year. As with most Aggie recruits he''s not a flamethrower (Perfect Game had him at 84 during a hs showcase- I'm sure he''s added some velocity since then) His unique ability could also help generate some more interest in the baseball team.
  • Goags20172
    Here's some news on another recruit. According to the L.A. Times Daily Pilot dated 4-13-2017 the Aggies have also added pitcher Jared Sasaki from Edison HS in Huntington Beach, the same school as fellow recruit SS Kyler Arenado. Edison didn't post their baseball stats on Maxpreps.com so I don't know how he did this year. He talked a bit about his recruiting process a bit on wordpress.com . Apparently he'll walk onto the team.

We need pitchers, so this is also a good sign..
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!