• BaseballAtDobbins
    Sac Statw officially announced their plans for a FBS stadium and basketball arena. Its infuriating that UC Davis is just happy to let Sac State do this without action. Without being in the same conference as Sac in football, why have a team at all???
  • CA Forever
    Yep, looks like Sac is making a real push to go FBS by announcing plans for new facilities. I hope Davis doesn't get left in the dust.

https://sactownsports.com/ncaa-sacramento-state-football-stadium-plan-announcement/
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    It's so frustrating because until recently Davis had better fan support, a better radio station (KHTK), better facilities, and a real atmosphere. I've long been okay with FCS but this just has me soo frustrated. Maybe its just because today's the last A's game in Oakland but I've been pissed that all Davis does is release renderings without any serious action.
  • movielover
    We have some construction professionals here, right?

What do a 5,000-seat and 10,000-seat second-deck grandstands cost?

Notice Sac has no details on costs or financing.
  • VirginiaAggie12
    I completely agree with you. Unfortunately it is clear Sacramento news media wants to ignore that Davis is in fact in their region, but our administrators are already delayed in either making a statement of UCD's intentions. It is time to clear the air and tell the folks what the future holds. If the decision is to stay FCS they should probably also consider if football should remain a sport that the school supports. And a good journalist would also be asking Davis about these developments.

When looking at the landscape of college sports Sac State has the makings of another SJSU (commuter school with a small local allegiance) and UCD has the pedigree of a Colorado State, just think about which would be more successful at the next level.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Yes. Causeway games get a fair amount of press in Sacramento considering it is usually on the same day as the Big Game. It's usually the highest attended game and one of the only ones (pre-ESPN + era) that was televised.

I know a P2 split will happen but if that makes the rest of G-5 /ACC/B12 leftovers FBS, it's something they should still play. FCS just becomes next DII at that point and only CP left as a rival.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    The chancellor needs to be out front on this, and Rocko needs to be doing more than tweet photoshopped renderings with no context. Are we still basking in the inconsequential glow that that the mayor’s state of the city address was at Aggie Square?
  • CA Forever
    Agree with both of you. If we're going to make an announcement of something then Rocko needs to do it ASAP. The ambiguous tweets of stadium expansion don't get us anywhere.
  • SochorField
    Athletic department wasted 10 years patting themselves on the back after taking 30 years getting the stadium built . Edwards Center was a nearly a decade late.

....and here we are.

Sac has taken forever as well, I'm sure their fans won't argue that.

Kevin Blue had a fire under his a**. I miss that cat. Blue and Hawk did some things, didn't they....
  • SoCalAggie
    I love all the fire to get some answers. Sac is making some noise and I would love to see Davis due so as well.

Rocko - make a statement!
  • SochorField
    To maybe temper the disappointment of Sac getting their stadium....

We got our upgrade-to-modern stadium with a little capacity bump 17 years ago.

Today they announced their upgrade-to-modern stadium with a little capacity bump. This doesn't mean they are leaving the Big Sky- in fact, the attendance number of 25k means they are planning on falling back into the BSC when all this dust settles. Time will tell.
  • SochorField
    lol Rocko gets paid the same whether he Tweets or not. His inactivity so far says a lot....
  • PortlandAggie
    What happened to the "athletics are the front porch of the university ..." quote Chancellor May shared with us years ago? I'm tired of living only 500 miles away from UC Davis and having to tell people, "Yes, we have a football team. "Yes, we're a tier 1 university."

I don't know. I'm in a mood watching all the Oakland fans lose 60+ years of memories today.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Breaking news: Davis has more than students and a larger endowment (by far) than any current or future Pac 12 member.

I love telling people out here my school is a “sister school” to Cal. LOVE IT.
  • VirginiaAggie12
    Exactly! It's time for our administration to strengthen the power and reputation of our school and our degrees by GROWING UP and acting our size. We shouldn't be scared to make our mark.

And since the school is touting our US News ranking this week, we are also the highest ranked public school that is not competing in the FBS. (UCSD is ranked just above but does not field football and one could argue they need to grow their brand as well).
  • Toke69
    For what it's worth, Sports Illustrated has written that Cal and Stanford might rejoin the Pac-X if their two year trial run in the ACC doesn't work out.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    As a fan of California as well as the Ags, I can say it's not happening. The pulse of Cal has been electrified by moving to the ACC. They will not move back.
  • ucdavisaggie05
    If Florida State can’t get out, Stanford and Cal won’t be able to, either.
  • DrMike
    Fans will be lining up to watch University of Texas El Intercepted Paso come to town!!
  • eastbayaggie
    Gonzaga is heading towards PAC-12. However, I was most surprised that Grand Canyon was in consideration:

https://x.com/BonaguraESPN/status/1841135170948383121

• DrMike
    still missing 2 football schools?
  • eastbayaggie
    Before this set of morning news, I'd give UC Davis a small chance to get into the Mountain West, and virtually impossible to be into the Pac-12. I now downgrade MWC chances to very small and upgrade PAC-12 chances to very small as well.
  • eastbayaggie
    Yeah. I need to read how to post x.com tweets.

The Mountain West is having serious discussions with FCS Tarleton State?!?!

WTF!?

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1841133243157844213
  • SochorField
    I'm starting think these Conferences don't take UC Davis athletics seriously.....:roll:

*w/ a hint of sarcasm*
  • DrMike

"The Mountain West is having serious discussions with FCS Tarleton State?!?!

WTF!?"

that was the reaction of everybody in the Sac12 that pledged $35M for NIL!

I've lost track.....we're up the to the Pac7? So, they need a minimum one more for the NCAA, and 2 for better football scheduling? I believe that Boise, Colorado State and Utah State don't play baseball, so the P4 baseball conference should be interesting.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!