• abridge
    I think the Ags should handle Fullerton if Norris is back. Jen wasn't sure Norris would be when I spoke to her before the game on Saturday. If the Sisterhood of the Traveling Boot do return I'll feel better about Fullerton.

We've lost twice to Poly. Conventional wisdom suggests it's hard to beat a team three times in a season.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Let’s go Ags!
  • eastbayaggie
    My the way, there is free parking for the women's games today. I don't know if that would be true in any future games.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Women are cruising. Up 64-40 after 3. Turner is on fire hitting 9-10 fgs (7-7 from3). Time to rest the starters and save some energy for tomorrow
  • Russ Bowlus
    Good start for the Aggies! Final was 81-56.

As mentioned, Turner was on fire, finishing with 29 pts, including 7-10 from deep. Toba with a quiet (for her) 12 pts. Lots of double-digit minutes from the bench, so the starters weren't on the floor as much as normal.

Turnover battle: Davis had 24 points off 16 Fullerton TOs, where as Fullerton only had 13 pts off 14 Davis TOs. Good defense!
  • Russ Bowlus
    The Sisterhood of the Traveling Boot both played today. ;)
  • DrMike
    How did we go vs Poly during the season?
  • eastbayaggie

0-2
    54-57 @ Cal Poly
    47-57 @ Home
  • Russ Bowlus
    Only team that Davis lost to twice in conference play.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nice win for the Aggies! I've been skiing all day so I'll have to watch it on replay.
  • BlueGoldAg
    #7 Long Beach 90 #6 Santa Barbara 75
  • Russ Bowlus
    Long Beach making some noise: just took down Riverside in OT.
  • cmt
    Cal Poly shooting 2-18 so far today. I'm not opposed to that continuing for 4 quarters.
  • eastbayaggie
    Aggies win 56-48.
  • eastbayaggie
    There were seven time outs called in the last 71 seconds. I was wondering why no one was calling time outs earlier.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Kind of an ugly game. But win and move on!!
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies played Hawaii pretty well during the conference season. :chin:
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags are streaking right now. Hopefully Hawaii will be a little rusty
  • cmt
    Yep. Survive and advance. You'd obviously love to win pretty, but winning is all that matters at this point.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I was able to watch the game on replay after skiing yesterday. Like you said, it wasn't pretty but the Ags move on.

It was a very physical game. I was happy to that the Aggies matched the tough, physical play of the Mustangs. Poly was aggressive and their defense was very tough and the officials were letting the teams play. We handled their pressure pretty well but those unforced TO's mostly due to lazy, telegraphed passes hurt us too often.

I didn't like the no call on the play where Baker got injured when she ran into a rock solid screen. It looked like the Poly player extended her folded arms and gave Baker a bit of a forearm shiver. I think they should have reviewed the play to seer if it was flagrant. The same official who made the no call rang up Norris later in the game for setting a screen that involved much less contact. Unfortunately, Baker's injury looks serious so she may be out now.

Epps had perhaps her best game as an Aggie. She really starting to come on.
  • eastbayaggie

I was at the game, so you may not have seen the part where Baker suddenly went up and hopping around and somewhat declaring she was fine. She wanted to stay in the game but the coach took her out.
  • eastbayaggie
    For those watching online, what's up with the long delay?

Edit: The shot clock is down on one side, so the announcer counts down starting at the ten second mark.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The telecast zoomed in on her at one point when she was on the bench and she was in tears with her arm in a sling and ice on her shoulder. I like her fearlessness and energy. She plays hard with some attitude and it can give the team a boost
  • eastbayaggie

Yeah. I saw that too. She entered the game about two minutes ago.
  • eastbayaggie
    UC Davis up 36-24 with 3:09 left in the third quarter. UCD is on a run that Hawaii had to call a time out. Also, a Hawaii player got injured.
  • eastbayaggie
    Hawaii is in a run. UC Davis 39-36 after three quarters.
  • cmt
    Yeah, not a great end to the quarter. Especially having the ball with 11 seconds left and letting Hawaii get a steal and a 3 pointer at the buzzer. If just that doesn't happen, we're still up 6 which feels much better.

UCD's shooting splits are wild. They're 12-38 shooting overall and 9-18 from 3, which means they're 3-20 inside the arc.
  • cmt
    4-26 now from 2.
  • MTBAggie
    Huge turnover! Ags up 1 with 20.9 to go and possession.
  • agalum
    Ladies win, but almost gave it away.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!