• CA Forever
    I know that we all have our differences time to time regarding UCD athletics, but I'm still thankful that we have our little community here to talk about all our favorite sports! GO AGS!
  • movielover
    Go Aggies! I recall getting the Greyhound bus across from Theta Xi (?) on Thanksgiving Eve to see family, waiting at that dirt lot with the portable office, which was almost kitty corner from another empty dirt lot (flooded) which is now a hotel. Later holidays watching Aggie basketball at Rec Hall with sparse crowds. The cold, and taking the wonderful red double decker bus to campus, grabbing something at the Coffee House, clove cigarette smell and newspapers everywhere.
  • Jackbacker2
    My time was in the late 70's early 80's, I remember all of that. Plus a 4-6 pm Botany lab on Weds before Thanksgiving walking across an empty campus to the bus station. The tule fog so thick on campus and on 80 and 5. The coffee house smelled wonderful and had so many discarded Aggies strewn about.
    I loved the bb games at upper Hickey, watching Hamiltiion biting a white towel and then throwing it up when he was upset. The crowd and band were so LOUD! Upper Hickey so hot but outside more tule fog. Usually after the game I would go to Shields to study late in the reading room. I had an amazing time at UCD. Happy for these memories plus a slew more and all the wonderful folks that I crossed paths with.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!