• BlueGoldAg
    Great win for the Aggies especially after that heartbreaking own goal that tied up the game with 18 seconds to go in regulation. Instead of folding in disappointment, they played tough for another 20 minutes, scored and won the game.

I was impressed with the quality of soccer the Ags played today. They've got some solid talent and they beat a very talented Fullerton team.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Don't forget watch the Aggies play for the Big West Soccer Championship today at 6 pm on ESPN+ against UC Irvine. Go Ags!
  • MTBAggie
    What a tough loss. OT, and two rounds of penalty kids. Just came up short.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Crushing loss for the Aggies after dominating the majority of the game and applying pressure on Irvine again and again. The game was tied at 0-0 after regulation and 2 OT's and then Irvine won the penalty kicks 10-9.

Soccer can be a cruel game where one team candominate play but the ball just never finds the net. I always feel terrible for the player who either misses a penalty kick or gets the kick stopped by the goalie when games are decided on penalty kicks.

The Aggies are a young team and they made a tremendous run that got stopped 1 penalty kick short. They'll challenge for the title again next year. Great season, Aggies!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I didn't know that games that end with penalty kicks actually go down as a tie on the team's record. So this game is listed as a tie and the penalty kicks determined which team would advance to the NCAA Championship Tournament.
  • Jackbacker2
    Kudos to the team and Dwayne. Heartbreak season ending but they had a fine season and the seniors can leave with their heads high.!
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Big West Champion, UC Irvine, was knocked out of the NCAA Tournament in the first round losing to Loyola Marymount 4-2.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!