• AggieFinn2
    Upon reading the football schedule I was inspired to think of a new name for Sac State's football stadium. Instead of UC Davis Health Stadium it will be Sacramento State Illness and Death Stadium. I don't know about you all but I feel like I'm tempting Death if I go to a Causeway Classic game. If I don't get flattened by a poor and possibly drunk speeding driver in the parking lot the dirty restrooms will make me sick. And if I make it to the stands I get to worry about the long climb on the rickety old grandstand-if the thing won't collapse on top of me. And they put an elevator and a press box on that structure. They honestly think that's safe ?
  • movielover
    Last CC I thought it was oversold and unsafe. The end zone area was packed, and staffers admitting fans were ridiculously understaffed. They knew it was a record crowd, where were the extra personnel?
  • AggieFinn2
    I know of a way to make it safer and stick it to Sac State at the same time. When the game is held at Sac State don't go. Seriously, if all Aggie fans boycotted the games in Sacramento Sac State fans would have no one to be obnoxious to except each other and the UCD players (whom they would abuse anyway). And Aggie fans wouldn't be pumping money into Sac State. If Sac State fans pulled a return boycott in Davis out of spite they would just be doing UCD a favor.

Of course there are reasons this doesn't work. For example, here are always family and general fans who would go regardless to support the team. A person can have fun ideas though. I have come to the conclusion that no sporting event is worth putting up with an abundance of unpleasantness and incovenience. I haven't attended a Causeway Claasic in decades.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!