• CA Forever
    Complete game! No complaints from me! Go Ags and another year of the golden horseshoe staying right where it belongs in Davis, CA!
  • AggieFinn
    What a butt kicking.
  • movielover
    Nine receivers caught passes, even Alessi had 2 grabs. TT has his knee brace off, perfect timing.

We needed this. Congrats to the team, great to see the offense roll in Q1 and the playbook open up.

My amateur opinion is that we need Dobbins and Fisher in the mix every week.
  • PortlandAggie
    It's nice to relax and watch a game. I'm not sure I had a nailbiter left in me.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    What wss the attendance? It looked like a perfect afternoon for football.
  • agalum
    So what was the deal with Wulff? We could see him throwing a temper tantrum and throw his hat.
  • SochorField
    This is a good way to start the second half of the season. Hopefully the Ags play their best ball from here on out.
  • SochorField
    He wanted PI on the 1st half pick-6. And then the general a** whooping, which likely wasn't any fun :D
  • BlueGoldAg
    Live Stats shows the that the attendance was 10,515 today.
  • SoCalAggie
    Fisher needs to be the number two. Why the heck is he not getting the ball more.
  • MTBAggie
    Hasn't Movie been yelling this from the rooftops the last two weeks? Nice to see we have depth at running back.
  • Toke69
    Hard to evaluate players in the 4th quarter because the Cal Poly defense was probably demoralized and just wanted to get the game over, plus I'd guess that many of them were second stringers. There should be a bit of concern over the pass defense as the Poly QBs got some pretty long plays completed and there were no sacks until the end of the game.
  • DrMike
    I can’t tell how attendence is determined after Idaho, but today was a pretty full house. Student sections were mostly full, grass was full, and the west sudevwas as full as any game this year. Students stuck around all night - incentivized by a raffle giving cash throughout the night!
  • movielover

He at least needs a few touches. FTR last year he had what, 85 yards vs Montana?

Amateur here, but he seems to hit the hole quick. RB Guru Coach Gould used to say, "It's not speed to the hole, it's speed through the hole." He may also have the speed to get around the corner - which we need. My gut also says he might light up a screen pass.

We may be the only team which only plays 2 RBs (TT more a WR / gadget guy).

(I was also clamoring to get the ignored super decoy Dobbins the ball. Why burn a year of eligibility to be a decoy?)
  • CA Forever
    What a performance! One that we have been looking for all season! That felt like what was promised with the Shredville moniker.

Miles Hastings went 27/30 (90%!) for 458 yards and 4 TDs. Excellent outing from him. I've been critical of Miles before, but after a little bit of a shaky start to the season he's really putting together a nice campaign. I'm happy for him and hope that he continues to play with confidence. Grant Harper had some nice throws at the end of the game and showed off his wheels which is a nice wrinkle to the offense.

Miles was really spreading the ball around too. 4 receivers with 80+ yards with Chaz Davis breaking the 100 yard mark. Dobbins had a nice breakout game. His speed is definitely noteworthy. Frankly most of our receivers had no problems getting behind their DBs, but that might just be a general characteristic of Poly's defense as ISU shredded them through the air last week too.

The run game was a team effort, but still nice to put up 182 yards against a team that as @Riveraggie mentioned was only giving up 96 per game coming into this contest. Now, Jordan Fisher came in at the end of the game against a tired defense, but I have to agree with @movielover that his explosiveness is too apparent to ignore. I do worry that his slighter size might be holding him back from the grind of being an every down back.

Rex Connors led the defense in tackles and had his pick 6. Nice to see him get back out on the field in a healthy manner. Nice day from Sam Goligoski too as he picked up 2 sacks.

All-in-all, great day! Time to get ready for the trip to EWU. We have to break the curse of never beating them. GO AGS!
  • Riveraggie

Goligoski is rangy and quick and should be playing given the injuries at the position.
    Can’t believe Miles forgot Tompkins TD reception last week.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    How many years has Cal Poly not had a team photo in their locker room now? Or have they given up on that tradition?
  • DrMike
    guhom5abd5xa8ziy.png

Here are the last 8 games. First one was a nail biter, but every other game, beside 21, hasn’t been close.
  • DrMike
    Did the TV guys speculate on why Wulff lost his mind on the pick 6? There seemed to be contact out there, but I’m not sure what allowable especially if pass was behind the line if scrimmage. It seemed like he was directing it toward the referee and/or officials nearer to him which didn’t make sense (off side?). My son pulled up the broadcast in his phone but I couldn’t see anything obvious on that small screen.

By the way, did anyone mention band uniforms were the more traditional blue? I wish they’d ditch some of the time out promos and song snippets between plays (what is that? The best of smooth jazz?) and let them play a bit during the game.

Wonder why no poly band? That has been a big deal for the two bands.

I wonder if our OLman set some kind of (dubious) record of getting two unsportsmanlikes in his only drive of the game ….leading to ejection.
  • fugawe09
    I always want to beat Poly and Suc but didn’t a wise coach once say they have to win once in a while for it to remain a rivalry? Saving money on team photography for sure.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Yes esp since you have two full classes (under pre-NIl/transfer rules) that have never seen a Poly win. I'm glad the Ags won, but if they just stop caring that would be bad. Sac is local so as long as they are in FCS, you have the crosstown aspect and that will always be a thing. Plus Sac has done well vs Davis recently but that's even greater of a contrast.
  • Riveraggie
    Winning against the California rivals is important for recruiting. Cal Poly more than Sac for the academically oriented prospects. Most the players were probably recruited by both teams.
  • Riveraggie
    Tompkins wasn't wearing the knee brace for the first time this season.
  • Wookie
    Great Aggies win! All facets of the game clicked. But Poly is not a good team. I expected a better game from them. Jet lag? I dunno. Davis is entering the meat of the season. This win should generate good momentum going into the EWU game. But remember it’s the inferno. Go Ags!
  • SochorField
    Wow, Plough's hat and jacket....and his kids' hats are pretty cool.
    I wish there was somewhere I could buy some stuff like that......because I'd probably buy a lot of it. Instead I'm stuck with one knock-off shirt....
  • DrMike
    I’ll sell you a shredville hat. Feels like I’m advertising a shredding company!
  • NCagalum
    I too noticed that Tompkins ditched the brace. I think that frees him up more for his quick jukes and moves laterally that I would think be more difficult with a brace. It seems like he is getting back to his old self.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!