• MTBAggie
    I can't handle another nailbiter this weekend! Time to put up 50+ points and play a complete game. My SDSU alum coworker promised me his Jackrabbits will crush the Penguins of Youngstown St. as paypack for our 2006 loss to them.

All kidding aside, work has been pretty unproductive since we hired a 2nd person who follows FCS football. It's probably the first time since I've graduated that I'm able to talk about teams that mostly nobody has ever heard of. "Davis has a football team?" Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I hope this game isn't as close as all the other wins and we get a good crowd. My wife and I are on our 4th day of a 23 day road trip mainly hiking in the eastern Sierras, Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park and Yosemite. We'll be watching the game from Bishop. Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    on the alumni ZOOM, Plough was saying how that last drive was the perfect example of Aggie Pride. Said the players and fans should be so proud of that gutty effort.

I told him, as a spokesman for the older fans, we’d be just as proud of a 14-point win. I’m still suffering from a 30-0 beat down in poly in 1980!
  • MTBAggie
    That sounds like a "glass half full" view on nearly losing to a now 0-5 team. How many points/1st downs have we left on the table due to silly penalties this year? He has to clean that stuff up soon. Easy for me to say as a guy who played lineman in college (sidelineman, during IM fotball...)
  • Riveraggie
    Cal Poly leads the rushing category in Big Sky conference play, averaging 292.5 yards per game. Davis has been middle of the pack in rushing defense giving up 151 yards.
    Davis’ is averaging a horrendous 88 yards a game on the ground 2.8 yards per carry. Cal Poly is yielding a meagre 96 yards per game at 3.2 yards per carry.

Remember when Cal Poly changed coaches and abandoned the Triple Option, and the conversation that they needed taller offensive linemen? Now the tallest of their offensive linemen at the top of the depth chart is 6’4”
  • CA Forever
    To be totally fair on the rushing stats, the only 2 teams that Cal Poly has faced this season that weren't skewed decently to the passing game are Western Oregon (D2) and Northern Colorado (would be competitive in D2). Larison will likely be the best RB they will face so far this season, it's just a matter if our line can get some openings for him.
  • Riveraggie

Northern Colorado and Idaho State both have more yards rushing than UC Davis in conference games, Davis is last in the conference in rush yardage among teams that have played two games..
    I’m not making a prediction. Could go either way. Plough could decide once again that we can’t run the ball, and call a pass heavy game, or Larison could have a huge day, putting the lie to the stats.
    We’ll see. The run game has been disappointing this year and we are at the point of the season where people say teams are what they have shown.
  • CA Forever
    A poster over on the Poly forum just posted that Jones is still out on concussion protocol so expect to see a mix of Kelly (more of a thrower this season) and Watts (more of a runner this season) at QB. I think that simplifies things a little bit for our defense as opposed to going against a guy who can do it both. Just got to be prepared for Watts having some passing plays trying to catch our guys off guard.
  • movielover
    4 PM start - go Ags!
  • SochorField
    Rivalry game. Toss up.
    Go Ags!!
  • movielover
    Our rushing offense is #101 out of 123 FCS teams. Yikes.
  • Toke69
    ESPN Has UC Davis by 17.
  • NCagalum
    Where are the students and fans?
  • CA Forever
    Looks likes students no showed.

Defense forces the punt, but now have poor field position
  • CA Forever
    Nice catch and run by Chaz
  • NCagalum
    TD. Big plays. Nice to see.
  • CA Forever
    And he follows it up with a TD! Aggies not going down by 14 immediately!
  • SochorField
    Miles throwing darts! Great start.
  • SochorField
    Great throw to Lan over the middle right there. Very sharp to find that mismatch.
  • CA Forever
    Nice run by Perez
  • CA Forever
    Larison wildcat TD!
  • Toke69
    Larison is now 4th all time at UCD in rushing TDs. Anyone know where he ranks in rushing yardage?
  • NCagalum
    I like the kick deep into the end zone.
  • cmt
    Didn’t come out flat today!
  • SochorField
    Paul Wulff looks like he's going to have a damn heart attack after that pick-6.....

Do we know what he's pissed about? *edit* I guess he thought it was PI
  • NCagalum
    I think he was arguing that the intended receiver (which the ball did not get close to) was hit as the interception was made - he was arguing for PI I think).
  • CA Forever
    Wulff is gonna get himself booted at this rate
  • SochorField
    CP has some big athletes at WR
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!