• CA Forever
    The new roster has been posted.

2022 Roster
  • Joey91
    Where? Thanks!
  • 69aggie
    So HR not coming back?
  • 69aggie
    So no. I understand he got hit really hard. I as a parent would not let him go. A really great kid and hate to see him go, but with his
    Other talents he will do very well in life.
  • DrMike
    he graduated in Winter. on to his new phase of life. i have heard nothing but great things about him as a person!
  • CA Forever
    The QB battle will be something to watch again for this upcoming season. It's no secret that our QB play last season was... uninspiring. Will Hastings or Tompkins (or another guy already on the roster) take a step forward or is Hawk hoping that Newman can pull a Maier?

Gilliam is listed on the roster, which is huge. Getting our 2 headed monster of Gilliam/Larison back will help take pressure off of whoever ends up slinging the ball.
  • agalum

Last year Gillium just couldn’t squeak out the yards like he had in the past. I think it had to do with our QB situation. We really need that 1-2 punch, dangerous QB and dangerous RB to keep the Ds on their heals. Not to mention the “O” line injuries. We’re going to need all this coming together to make a run. And I’m getting really tired loosing to J street.
  • movielover
    Play calling needs to be less predictable. UG up the gut on first and second down reminded me of Gould's offense, doesn't help the O line, doesn't help 3rd and long. Our halfback pass is also SOP.
  • CA Forever
    Agreed on the play calling. I hope Cody takes a step forward just as much as the rest of the team.
  • AggieFinn
    It took Plough 2 or 3 years to finally hit his stride with the calls, aggression comes with experience, and the Aggies need to strike in 2022. It'd be nice to infuse the program with a little more top end speed.
  • Riveraggie
    I notice that Tattersall isn’t here for spring. I suppose he’s finishing the semester at Cal. I don’t recall that I’ve seen what his academic standing is, is he graduating from Cal, and coming here as a grad student?
  • Riveraggie
    I’m hoping our defense can be better. it seems we have quite a few good players and good depth all around, but the results have been average at best. We’re over 100 yards a game worse than the top three defenses in our league and we were next to last in defensive yards per rush at 5 yards a carry.
  • CA Forever
    I think our linebackers will be the strength of our defense. Looks like quite a bit of talent there. Gonna need the defensive line to step up and get more consistent pressure to help out our DBs especially now that Perryman transferred.
  • agalum

It always seems to me that our QBs have less time to get rid of the ball than opposing teams. I wish that stat was available to put an actual number on this. I think it’s available in the nfl.
  • Riveraggie
    I think defensive end is a position we really need someone to step up at. I notice that Luka Nixon isn’t on the roster; he looked like he was really coming on as a player but then was beset with injuries.
  • blueforce
    I saw from Babb's IG that he's practicing, but he's not listed on the site. Might be a cautionary tale against reading too much into the Spring Roster.
  • CA Forever
    HUGE addition to the roster! Boise State safety, Semaj Verner, is transferring to Davis! Had 19 offers coming out of high school including: Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon, UCLA, USC!

• BlueGoldAg
    Verner was certainly highly sought after coming out of high school and we offered him also. ESPN and Rivals had him ranked as the #44 safety in the nation. In his 2 years at Boise, however, he only played in one game. I'm not sure why...perhaps he was injured..?? He was named to the Mountain West All-Academic team so it appears that he'll do well with the Aggie Athletics emphasis on academics. He has 4 years of eligibility left. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in the fall. Welcome to UC Davis, Semaj!
  • CA Forever
    Could be a wide variety of reasons why he didn't see the field more often, but I am going to remain hopeful that he can be an impact player for us. Like you mentioned, he's still young and has time to develop.
  • movielover

6'0", 190 pounds, *** recruit by all the ranking services. Partly stuck behind veteran players. (One place listed him at 6'2".) Product of Lakewood, CA.

Cautiously optimistic ... deep at LB, depth added at DB and WR from FBS, big D line, but hit w graduation ... Gilliam and LL back, as is Babbs... can we deliver at QB and OC?
  • BlueGoldAg
    I'm excited to see the team play this fall. We've got some high level talent at some key positions. Hawk does a good job of creating a strong family so, if the team chemistry is good, we could be very good this year.
  • 69aggie
    Pleas don’t overlook TT. He is a force to be reckoned with! Great heart and great player.
  • CA Forever
    I think TT is an awesome player. His ability in both designed runs and scrambling is unparalleled amongst the quarterbacks on the roster, but from what I saw on the few passing attempts he got last season, he needs to develop his ability to really stay in the pocket and find his receivers otherwise the gimmick gets stale.
  • movielover

Cal Aggie article.

"UC Davis lost a key contributor on special teams, punter Daniel Wheelan, who declared for the upcoming NFL draft. The Aggies hope to have found his replacement: a graduate student from Colorado State University Pueblo, Justin Dwinell, who averaged 43 yards per punt. ..."

https://theaggie.org/2022/04/28/uc-davis-football-close-out-spring-practice-look-forward-to-the-fall/
  • AggieFinn

Ugh, those are Colorado numbers...
  • Riveraggie
    Thanks for posting that Aggie link. Hawkins is only quoted as mentioning at QB Dixon and Newman. Who threw the pick 6?
  • DrMike
    Dixon was out at the golf tournament Friday. Big kid. The day I was at practice all the players had switched jerseys. There was s big ‘72’ throwing bullets. I told someone ‘maybe we should give that tackle a shot at QB’. They quickly corrected me
  • movielover
    Lance Babbs II - 2023 Draft Diamonds, draft prospect

What is the best advice you have ever received?

"Find Joy" - Tim Plough

Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?

I’d say the most underrated teammate in my Locker room aside from me would be our defensive safety Christopher Venable

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2022/06/lance-babb-ii/
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!