• 72Aggie
    Interesting story about HBCU colleges choosing to play in a bowl game over participating in the FCS playoffs.
    https://theundefeated.com/features/an-hbcu-bowl-game-wins-out-over-ncaa-playoffs/

There are similar stories with Grambling and Southern playing in the Bayou Classic and I believe Alabama State (??) and Tuskegee usually play a Turkey Day rivalry game. (Don't rely on me for that, though.)
  • AggieFinn
    Is it because they perennially suck at football?
  • Riveraggie
    They have their niche and they are sticking to it.
    In 1977 Davis played Bethune Cookman in the D2 playoffs and won easily before playing Lehigh and losing in the semis
  • DrMike
    We played Winston-Salem back in 2009
  • Riveraggie
    One take-away from this is that the tv networks pay relatively more for a near meaningless lower tier FCS “bowl game” than they do for a FCS playoff game, or at least the schools and conferences involved get more profit. Why?
  • NCagalum
    Just had a Dr. Appt. with my surgeon who do my rotator cuff surgery 2 years ago. He played football for Princeton. I mentioned Princeton’s great season 10-0 with a lot of blow-outs. I also brought up the fact that the Ivys don’t participate in the playoff. He said it would have been interesting to see how they would have done. He said the QB they will have next year accepted an offer at Bama, then decided to go to Princeton. I said “different culture” and “ at least he won’t have Nick Sabin screaming at him. “. Surgeon is not big and when I first met him and brought up that he played collegiate football he responded “yah, but it was Princeton”.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!